+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by Maybelline; 13-06-2012 at 14:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    fun stuff

http://wireframe.iyogi.com/social/19...us-minded.html

Only watched teh first one so far :laughing" hope the rest are okay

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is pretty cool:

http://htwins.net/scale2/

The universe at every scale. Requires Flash so iPhone or iPad no good

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I guess the difference (for me) is that Wallace and Grommet have never been real people.
    I refuse to believe this. Everyone knows The Wrong Trousers was based on a true story.

I know almost nothing about human biology, based purely on lack of interest, but I'm in geekdom-love with animal biology. I especially love vintage biology books with their beautiful slide illustrations.

I'm so pleased that DD has inherited it. She loves nothing more than learning about animals, and she's so useful on hunts and helping out with animal births. Scientists will know what I'm talking about here; she gets that intense, maniacal concentration, no matter how gross the subject matter is.

If she finds a dead bird she usually goes "Oh no, poor bird! Poor poor birdie!....I wonder if it still has a heart...." and pokes through it with a stick.

She wants to be a vet.

*wipes tear*

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread! I have a degree in Molecular Biology and have just started a degree in computer science. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to indulge in much scientific reading for fun as my time is full with the boys and trying to remember maths I did over 10 years ago in high school but there is definitely some things here I'm going to look into further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So, how exciting was the Higgs Boson announcement yesterday?

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ok i may have the wrong end of the stick here but discoveries are discoveries, peer reviews are there for research based papers to check their credibility.

Not sure what your post referencing peer reviews was about but no peer reviews are required if something is discovered.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    So once they discover something it is not held up for testing? Are experiments not retested all the time to make sure they are correct? Is this not part of the review process?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Let's talk science!

Hi BH science lovers. I need a new book - any recommendations? Anything science related, but no Dawkins please, as chances are I've already read it.

Thanks in advance!

I just finished reading 'Don't Sleep, There Are Snakes' which is about a missionary's time spent with an isolated Amazonian tribe and how they challenged (and changed) his perceptions of faith, linguistics, and happiness. Terrific stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really like Bad Science by Ben Goldacre.

His website is good too - www.badscience.net