+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Holidaying with a large family with non stop kids club on a budget

I'm going one step further than the previous thread and asking for tips on holidaying with 6+ kids somewhere that offer kids clubs (all day ones, not just the hour here and there that the Big 4 offer). I am sooo over our holidays, which involve me packing for days, then driving with 6 fighting kids in the car, only to unpack and live in accommodation that is much less well-equipped than home and having to entertain them constantly as a result, only to re-pack, drive back (with 6 totally fed up kids) and spend the next few days washing and unpacking. We also can't afford much.

i come away wanting to go on a holiday...alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, subscribing. No advice/tips sorry, but your holidays sound exactly like my holidays!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look at a P&O cruise. They have all day (and part night) kids clubs that are excellent. You can do 2 night cruises all the way up to a month (and longer !!!) and can stay within Australian waters if preferred as well. Quite reasonably priced too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FUSSY For This Useful Post:

bgbgbb  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you all have passports Bali would be an option - you can get very cheap flights and accommodation with kids clubs. Going to Bali can be significantly cheaper then going on holidays within Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing for some ideas for my soon to be family of 6 :-)

I know sea world resort in qld has quite a good all day kids club but you have to pay per child per day :-(

For the suggestions for Bali or cruising, is that really a cheap option?
    I'm finding it quite annoying that the biggest expense for our holiday in November is going to be needing 2 hotel rooms or a 2-3 bedroom apartment/cabin when our kids will be 6, 4, 2 and a few weeks old.. Normally we'd squeeze them in but fire regulations dictate which rooms can have cots and fold out beds..

Wouldn't that be the same anywhere?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely look at p&o cruises. Absolutely awesome for kids. You can book ages before and it allows alot of time to pay off. Once you are an board the is minimal expense just alcoholic drinks really. Full of entertainment constantly, kids have parties, discos, put on their own talent shows. Kids even can eat dinner at kids club while you dine in style and peace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing. We looked at p&o and the biggest issue was DH and I had to be in separate cabins as to have kids alone they had to be over 14 or something and yes you can only put 4 to a cabin including babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about the exact costs and what a families holiday budget would be but you can get cheap return flights from all over Australia to Bali with accommodation included and in villas so all the family can be together.

I would still anticipate that the whole holiday for a large family would cost anywhere between $4 and 5,000 so that may not be considered cheap to some people.

trip advisor (no space) is a great website for planning holidays all over the world with a lot of information on cheap destinations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    P&O are refurbishing this month I believe and they are going to do some interconnecting rooms on the Dawn for family's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing to this one