+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Few Q's re my Gigantor Bub

Hi guys

Wee Man (or not so "wee") has just turned 3 months, and is nudging 9kgs on the scale..

I'm a bit unsure what to do with him in regards to weight limits in certain things.
    I've just learned I need to give up the capsule and move him into a regular rear-facing seat, which is fine.
    But I also noticed the other day that the shopping trolley capsule-type seats also have a limit of 9kgs..
    Obviously at 3 months old he can't sit up so I can't sit him in the front. Plus with having to ditch the capsule I can't put him in that within the trolley..
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get the trolley covers that cover the sitting area which adds a bit of cushioning. But instead of sitting him up lay him down from side to side a put a wrap under his head.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know I put my ds in the capsule/seat thingie on the trolleys past the weight limit cause he was big and not able to sit up unassisted at that age either. But that was when the baby seats on trolleys were more solid.

I have a trolley seat cover for my dd (6.5 months, 9kg) and she's been sitting up in the trolley for about 6 weeks now. Honestly she's too long to lie down, so it's sitting up or nothing. My ds wouldn't have been able to sit up in the trolley at this age though .

Honestly it's a tricky one. I'd shop with the pram as much as you can and where possible find a time for you to grocery shop on your own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by staz View Post
    You can get the trolley covers that cover the sitting area which adds a bit of cushioning. But instead of sitting him up lay him down from side to side a put a wrap under his head.
    Hope this helps.
    I did this last week!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

staz  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you pop bub in a baby carrier/sling while you shop?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Online shopping saved us during the phase between the trolley capsule and seat.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I second the carrier or sling idea. I still carry 18month old boy when I shop as he screams if in a pram or trolley seat. I have an ergo.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My DS was 9kg at 3 months and I faced the exact same problem! I bought one of those trolley mates and stuffed towels around him to prop him up. I didn't do it very often because I'm not a fan of propping babies into positions before they are ready.

My DS was way way over the 97th percentile for weight despite having a very healthy diet. He was in walker nappies before he could crawl. Other things to watch out for are weight limits on baby swings and when he gets older high chairs, prams and car seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put my 2.5 year old in the trolley lay down things she about 10kgs, nothing has even happened to her. she falls asleep during shopping so its just easier