+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Ergo newborn insert

I was reminded of this from the baby bjorn but didn't want to hijack.

I have an ergo used it with dd but don't have the newborn insert because dd wasn't a newborn and I didn't think I'd need one lol.

So i looked on eBay and saw them but I'm confused. Do you even put newborns in them? And if so how, you wouldn't be putting their legs apart yet would you?

Any advice I'd appreciate as im quite lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You kind of put them sideways in it.. If you google you'll probably find a video that shows how to use it properly.
    I found it awkward and a pain in the bum to be honest so I used a sling til my babes were big enough to use it without one..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks. Yes I was thinking of searching for my sling as I was wondering how it would work in the ergo. Maybe when he's bigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used mine from a couple of weeks old with DD (who was prem and 2.89kg born). They sort of sit on the cushion at the bottom of the insert with their legs against your belly, not out the leg holes. I found it awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've put 2 week old DD in it since birth. She was 3.4kg. I just sit her bottom on the padded bottom of the insert and her legs naturally fall open into place with her feet together. Kind of like a frog. Then when I put her in the ergo her legs rest against my belly. It's great, she loves it and sleeps so well when in it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone who uses the infant insert live in qld?

I want to get one for my bean but due in October I wonder if it would get to hot to use?

Sorry to hijack your thread OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah, you're sweet Abi&Beth, I'm in QLD too but my bubs is due winter so I'm thinking it might not be as much of an issue.

Though, when I was looking over eBay I'm pretty sure one of the reasons someone was selling one was because they were in FNQ and didn't have a use for it because it was hot.

I might go to the baby shop actually and have a look, its hard to imagine how it all works just by looking at images online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    Nah, you're sweet Abi&Beth, I'm in QLD too but my bubs is due winter so I'm thinking it might not be as much of an issue.

Though, when I was looking over eBay I'm pretty sure one of the reasons someone was selling one was because they were in FNQ and didn't have a use for it because it was hot.

I might go to the baby shop actually and have a look, its hard to imagine how it all works just by looking at images online.
    I'm in bris so it would t get as hot as FNQ, I was in the shop looking at the new heart to heart insert and it seems quite thick and a heavy material, I imagine it would be horrid for a baby to be in during summer but when I ask the shop lady she just said its not different to a 5 month old sitting in the ergo without the insert, where she pulls that logic from I have no idea lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was born in August and I used the insert for about 3-4 months.

They sit on the cushion with legs up sort of frog like - its nice and cozy!

It does get pretty warm in there but I just dressed her to suit.

I think they recommend the insert until 6 months? Or until bubs has really good head control.

I found it a god send with having bubs and chasing after a crazy toddler!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is very thick material so it would probably get too hot. I'd highly recommend YouTubing to see how it works. We loved our H2H insert and used it from birth with our 2.7Kg bub. We even carried our DD in it when she wasn't in the Ergo because it held her so well supported and snuggly