+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4 day transfer anyone?

Hello Ladies,

I am undergoing my first IVF cycle this month with QFG. I was just told this morning that my FS wants me to have 4 day transfer. I have heard of 3 day or 5 day transfer before but not a 4 day transfer.

I have been googling since but cannot find much information about Day 4 transfers and their success rate. I am freaking out about it. First IVF cycle is as it is scary and this new 4 day transfer thing is really stressing me out.

If anyone had 4 day transfer could you please share your experience with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Dancing Queen.... Yes, yes, yes.... I did, and I'm now almost 9 weeks pregnant!
    I was with QFG too!
    The reason for mine was... I was booked for a day 3 transfer of 2 embies. I had a crap response to the drugs, and only got 5 eggs, only 2 of which fertilized. We were always planning a day 3 transfer with this cycle 'cos I responded so poorly. Come day 3, I was in alot of pain, around my right ribs. I generally have a painful recovery from EPU, so it was most likely just related to that. But anyway, I got to the transfer room on day 3 and, legs in the air, my FS and I decided to play it safe, get some blood tests, and, if I was ok, we'd do a transfer the next day. Of course I was panicking the whole night thinking that my embryos would succumb. But we got in the next day and they were fine... So we put both in, and the transfer went beautifully... I took a Valium and did acupuncture afterwards, so I was really relaxed!
    The embryologist and my FS both had no concerns about a day 4 transfer. I got the impression that the reason they don't do it as a matter of course is because they can't grade them properly on day 4... They're not yet a blastocyst and they're they're past morula. I'm sure there's a more scientific explanation than that!
    Anyway, it worked for me! This was my third cycle (but second fully stim).
    Who is your FS? I would certainly quiz him or her more to find out exactly why they want you to do it... Might be a 'convenience' thing for them, which IMO is not a good reason on it's own!
    Best of luck!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

Dancing Queen  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tree Girl for replying.Congrats on the BFP who was your FS?

I am with Anush Yazdani at South Bank QFG.

Actually I got the day wrong. I calculated day of retrival as day 1 so when he called up on Friday to let me know about the transfer on Monday, I didnt ask many questions ( morever i was happy that 10 out of 13 eggs had fertilized )

Today when i called up Scientist to check on my embies, she asked about my transfer and I told her it is on Monday. Out of curiosity i asked her if they would be at blastocyct stage by Monday and she said NO!! as it is only day 4.

She told me to talk to my FS why he recommends day 4 transfer but i dont know where to reach him specially on Saturday. All of my 10 embies are of grade 3 to 4 level on day 2.

I dont know if i should call up QFG tomorrow and ask them to get hold of my FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went with Michael
    Wynn-Williams; he's also at Southbank (Eve Health). I don't know how you'd get hold if them in Sundays, as they are closed, and I never had an after hours contact number (which was annoying)!
    Let me know how you go!