+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Recent births at Logan Hospital

I had my first bub at the gold coast hospital in Feb 2011. It was an emergency c section. I will now be going to logan hospital with this bub due Sep 2012. I will assume I will be booked in for a c section as the time in between and i want one. I havent had any appts with them yet. Any recent feedback for logan? Please

Thanks
    Reviews
    9 years ago i would have told u don't go but had my daughter there 2 years ago and they were fantastic

Sent from my space ship

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had DD there in 2008, i had a very bad experience but i put that down to my knowledge, i didnt really understand what was happening and didnt speak up, and was kind of ignored by midwives, the birth suite were fantastic, they saved her life, it was more the ward middies i had trouble with, but i know that if i went back for number two i could speak up a bit more. Although we are going private this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies. I know what you mean about the midwives I also felt the same when I had DS. This time I will be speaking up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had both my boys at Logan, DS1 in 08 and DS2 in 09 , this bub will be born there later this year.

Both my experiences were postive, all my appointments went fantasic, I never had any problems with any of the staff, the only flaw I found was that they would try discharge you asap as they don't have many beds.

I had well written birth plans with both my boys, I made sure the midwife knew what my expecations were, I let her know I would like to try for a completely drug/intervention free birth, I got it both times, midwifes were really great and offered heaps of different natural pain relief methods. they listened to what i had to say and let me be in control of my body instead of telling me what I should/n't be doing.

I try let everyone I meet about my positive birth stories as I know Logan don't have the best rep, but they have all times I have been they have been nothing but great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DS1 there in 2007. It was fantastic! I don't really have any complaints. Everything went well, was straight forward and as a first time Mum I stayed there for 3 days. I've since had 2 more children at a different hospital and the care was much the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DD there in 2007, and will be going there again with this bub! i had a great experience at Logan. I do know that they have a bad rep, but i honestly think that their maternity ward (birthing suites etc) are fantastic. I also was able to stay in for three days, (but they weren't very busy at the time which was suprising).
    I am looking forward to having another great experience there later this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my first mid wife appt in a few week lots of questions to ask them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my baby recently at Logan (in April, this year), and found all the midwives to be excellent, very friendly, helpful, informative, nothing was too much trouble. The birth went well I had a normal labour, and the midwives were helpful and respectful of my wishes. I stayed 3 nights as it was my first child and we were having some difficulties getting breastfeeding established to start with. The follow up care is excellent. The only bad things were: Rooming in with 3 other ladies and their babies, as you don't get much rest of a night time and it gets very crowed in the room with visitors during visiting hours. Sharing a shower between 2 rooms (total 8 ladies sharing one shower is very frustrating at times) & the food was not great. But the service made up for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had all 4 of my babies via c section at the Logan and don't have one bad word to say about them!!! They are fantastic!!
    I know someone who works at the Mater and he has told me that yes the Logan ED has a bad rep but the maternity unit is one of the best!!!