+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Only 1 follicle, would you cancel IVF or keep going?

As title says, would you keep going with cycle if you only had 1 follicle? That doesnt mean that there will be any eggs in there does it?

My AFM is less than 1 so we knew we would have trouble but I just dont know if we should continue spenidng money on something that wont work?

Any suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OK, I am GREEN and new to this. So haven't been there. But what I would be taking into consideration is your history. If this is typical then maybe eggs are reducing? and maybe this is one of the last chances? Or maybe you have had better results before and it is a one off? How do you get along with your FS? If you have a good rapport I would be bluntly asking for their opinion. If money is getting tight explain you want to maximise results.

Hope things work out.
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's a hard decision to make but I'd look into what the price diff was to continue v stop. That would have a big impact on my decision fom a head v heart point of view. Whatever you decide I hope you are at peace with it and I'm sending you lots of baby dust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    how many days in are you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this happen to me once. I usually would get 4 eggs from a cycle. That cycle, only one follicle. I was devastated and as you said, there was no guarantee of an egg in there.
    I swapped to IUI and bd as much as possible.
    Had a bfn from that cycle, but straight after af I cycled again and got 3 eggs. I had my ds1 from that cycle.

Hard decisions ahead for you. I couldn't justify spending the dollars on that cycle, and the anaesthetic risk and going for invasive procedure etc.

I was happy with my decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh lost post.

I had this happen to me and swapped to IUI. I figured I didn't want to have invasive procedure and anaesthetic etc when there was a chance of no egg.
    I usually had 3 or 4 eggs per cycle, so not big quantities.
    I had bfn from this cycle, but jumped straight into another cycle, and conceived my ds1 from it.
    Hard decision to make. Go with your gut.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps - my clinic refunded the cost of that cycle and charged me only for IUI. The price difference was significant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the fast replies. Just to give u all a bit of background, I am 38 dp is 43 I have 16 yr old son from previous relationship and we have a 2 yr old son together on our first Ivf icsi. Originally we only had male infertility to contend with, but since having son my periods and ovulation have been all over the place.
    One our first Ivf which was a different protocol we got 8 eggs we transferred 2 got ds, then froze 5 one didn't make it. We did a fet transferred 2 the other 3 didn't kae it from frozen.
    MIT took my do a long time to agree to do another fresh cycle, but he did give in as promised this would be the last fresh cycle. If we had any frozen we would use them up and if we didn't get preg I would give up
    so I had a reading of less than 1 afm reading so we knew it would be hard but I was expecting to give it one last try.!
    do has been going on about how much money it will cost so I was feeling guilty for pushing him to do it again but I just needed to try one more time.
    Our clinic is very expensive it's around $10,000 to $ 13,000 upfront and after rebates we would be out of pocket around $6,000 to $7,000.

So we were booked in for collection and Tesa on this Wednesday and transfer Friday. I went for first scan yesterday and fs couldn't find any follicles so I had blood test to check levels, they came back at 70 fn said they like it to be 100 but fs said come in on Monday for another scan to see if any follies have come up and if I have 1 he will keep going, but I highly doubt I will have any and if I do only have 1 I don't think the chances are very good at all.
    I am currently sniffing synarel x2 am & pm cardiprin daily, purgeon 0.05 am & gonal f 450am. I asked nurse about going on dhea but she said fs doesn't use it in his clinic. The nurse said that I might have to give up on having another bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um hello?? Give up on having another bub?? You have had one bad cycle. Maybe the nurse was out of line saying that.
    Maybe it would be good to get a second opinion re dhea. My fs wouldn't use it, but I know many girls here who have has great success with it.
    Generally you need to be on it 3 months before it is optimal, so that may give you time to build up funds for another cycle.
    I'm assuming you don't need to pay for a full cycle if you don't go ahead??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a poor responder and did antagonist cycles. Worth seeing if this would be better for you as well. At least they only go for the month.