+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I remember this vividly.

I was about 3. Was in my aunty's pool, she was having a party. My older sister took me around the pool and sat me on the edge of it. I looked at everyone else swimming in the pool having fun and thought hmm I can do that on my own too. So I slid into it, right to the bottom of the pool. I was there for a while. I remember seeing everyone's legs kicking around under the water. I felt very peaceful, wasn't struggling and made no attempt to get out of the water. I was eventually pulled out if the water by someone who saw me and luckily I was ok, I don't know exactly how long I was there but I didn't need any CPR, there was some coughing but nothing major.
    I can't believe someone actually saw me under there with so many other kids in there. I was meant to stick around.

I've never ever forgotten it all and tbh put some if my anxiety (had it severe as a child) down to it.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    I remember this vividly.

I was about 3. Was in my aunty's pool, she was having a party. My older sister took me around the pool and sat me on the edge of it. I looked at everyone else swimming in the pool having fun and thought hmm I can do that on my own too. So I slid into it, right to the bottom of the pool. I was there for a while. I remember seeing everyone's legs kicking around under the water. I felt very peaceful, wasn't struggling and made no attempt to get out of the water. I was eventually pulled out if the water by someone who saw me and luckily I was ok, I don't know exactly how long I was there but I didn't need any CPR, there was some coughing but nothing major.
    I can't believe someone actually saw me under there with so many other kids in there. I was meant to stick around.

I've never ever forgotten it all and tbh put some if my anxiety (had it severe as a child) down to it.
    I remember something similar as a child I was under 3 according to my mum. We were going swimming at a motel and I just walked into the pool and sank. I don't remember being panicked it holding my breath I just remember looking up at my mum thinking she looked mad(probably terrified) and pulled me out. She says since then I had my floaters in for the car ride to any water related activity lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only real one i can think of for me is that we used to live on a cattle property and we'd just burned off the back paddock the day before and were doing a ride around on the quad to check everything was out and all ok. Dad and I stopped for a few minutes because there was a little tree on the fence that we had to get off. Then we rode about 100m further up and did it again. While we were getting the 2nd tree off the fence a huge tree fell directly where we were parked just a few seconds before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I remember when I was about 7 or 8, I was doing swimming lessons. We went into the deep diving pool, I had all the confidence in the world and thought I could swim. I let go and started sinking to the bottom. No panic, just a calm feeling. Of course the instructor realised what had happened and pulled me up before I got to the bottom. From memory it was about 10 or 15 meters deep.

More recently though I had to stop at some train tracks while taking dd1 to school with dd2 who was 4 months old. As the lights and bells started going off and the boom gates were going down I heard tyres screeching. Looked in the rear view mirror and a car was about to slam into us at pretty high speed. A split second decision to floor it across the tracks just missing the boom gate saved us from being pushed into the path of a freight train carrying bauxite. AS it was we were still hit by the car but me flooring it gave us a big head start. If I had stayed where I was we would have been pushed onto the tracks and hit by the train.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a similar one to OP. About 8 years ago a guy fell or jumped from a height in a shopping centre, right outside the supermarket, and landed on a girl coming out of the supermarket. Both died. I got held back at work for a few hours for some reason that night (unpacking a delivery I think), but if I'd left on time it could have been me the guy landed on as I had to get a couple of things from that same supermarket & would have been coming out at the time the other girl was. My mum heard it on the news (she's interstate) & rang me in a panic (knowing it was the shopping centre where I worked). The blood was still on the ground when I walked past.
    I also had a near miss in a car when I was a child. Mum's friend was driving. For some reason, mum looked out her window & noticed a car heading straight for us at high speed, so she screamed for her friend to look out. If mum hadn't looked out the window when she did, I probably wouldn't be here.
    I also lived in units across the road from a service station that was hit by a truck. It didn't blow up or anything, but it could have... not such a close call there (although that one also freaked mum out!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was swimming at the beach. My friend had gone in to sun bake. I got caught in a rip and quickly became exhausted. I saw a surfer about ten meters from me and I called out help. He came over and took me in. I know for a fact that if he had nit been there I would have died.

Oh and all these stories just make me feel God and his guardian angels were looking after you all!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Pumpkaboo  (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    we were hit side on by a drunk driver in his 4WD, and he had run a red light... for some reason my brother hadn't put his seatbelt on and was thrown on impact and ended up with a sheet of glass slicing through his face between his nose and upper lip, and when they got him out of the car he was screaming in agony like a loonatic.. the police said lucky he WASN'T wearing the belt cos if he was, he would have been killed instantly.. he was lucky to get thrown. scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, how very scary. You poor thing- maybe a cuddle day watching fav movies/tv shows. Life is too fragile and short to worry about house work or finances.

Not nearly as scary but DS, myself, my sister and my nephew were in the city buying Apple products. We were waiting at a pedestrian crossing and the green man came. I went to walk but my sister pulled me back. Unbeknown to me, an expensive black car was not intending to stop and skidded to a halt way past us- we would have had no chance. Usually DS is very distracted but he had seen this car coming- I was very proud of him for looking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were at a cliff edge when I was about 13, looking at the monster waves. We went around to a natural bridge, and on the way back I decided to take another look at the waves. The floor was slippery and I slipped. Subconsciously I'd grabbed onto a rock before I'd slipped, and lucky I did coz I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't. I would have fallen straight down into the water, instead of hanging there from the rock. Someone was watching over me that day.
    Last edited by Rarity; 20-03-2013 at 09:19.