+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have diabetes (T1) and once went sooooooo low, I ended up in a 4 day long coma. 3 glucogon needles did not help me (when usually one will do the trick). When I finally woke up, in ICU days later, I couldn't walk, talk, read or write. I spent months learning how to do all that all over again. They said I was lucky it was fluid around the brain and that can disappear, as they were worried it was permanent brain damage or possible death

Thanks
    Reviews
    and then it was like my body drowned before my mind did (if that makes sense?)
    Absolute sense. Perfect sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My close call I believe occurred when I was 7.
    We lived near a river at that time and my siblings and I would venture down there to catch little fish etc. One day my sister and I were down there with our little home made rods and I crossed the river to get a bucket that we had left there. A man approached me, introduced himself to me and asked if he could fish with us. An immediate pain came over me, like a hot/cold sensation and the thought went through my mind that I needed to get my sister and go home. So casually I said sure but I was more nimble over the rocks than he was so I crossed well ahead, grabbed my 5 year old sister and we legged it. We made it as far as someone's front garden where we hid behind a tree as we watched this guy look for us. To our absolute horror, a huge, leather clad bikie looking bloke came out (must've seen us dash under the tree), colourful patches all over him and we thought he was going to kill us. lol But he took one look at us and then another at the guy, put two and two together, gently coaxed us out from under the foliage and walked us home.

He later came forward to identify the person later found guilty of murdering children. And it was that guy that had introduced himself to me at the river.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow some of these are truely freaky/scary! Mine would be when I was probably about 5 I was 'measuring' PowerPoints at my grandparents with a metal tape measure. I measured one where the plastic casing had come loose from he wall and I got a shock and thrown into the wall on the other side of the room. I was fine everyone said I was so lucky I was wearing rubber soled shoes! I'm now do paranoid about electricity tho

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy wanderer that is terrifying!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My closest would be when I choked on an orthodontic bite plate. I was 11 and it was loose so I was playing with it and it flicked down the back of my throat. My teacher thought I was joking until I turned purple but I remember thinking if I don't swallow it I will die, so I swallowed it and had to have it surgically removed..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Noooooo! That's awful, must have been fate!

As for me, I thought I was dying during a massive PPH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was probably 2 years ago when DD and I where casually driving home and a huge tree fell across the road seconds behind us. If one moment had held us up it would of fallen on us and killed us for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one a couple of years back - I was decorating cupcakes for my engagement party. I tried one of the fondant flowers I made, it got stuck in my throat and I could not breath.

I eventually got DH attention and he tried to help me. I blacked out to a bit - last thing I remember thinking was I dont want to choke to death. DH managed to unlodge it. I was terrified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my close call was in October 2011 I was ~3.5months pregnant with DS, I was running late for work, so was eating my breakfast whilst driving to work and going a little over the speed limit. Part of the journey to work there is a section of big bends and hills, I came around a corner going up a large hill but got too close to the edge and got my wheels in the gravel and served to miss a guide post, but over corrected. I tried to correct it but ended up over correcting again, I lost control of the car on top of the hill and ended up on the opposite side of the road (very lucky there was no on coming traffic at the time) and the vehicle somehow spun around (don’t remember much at this stage was very blurry) and I ended up going backwards off the side of the hill. I remember thinking that this was it, but still somehow managed to stay calm. The car crashed through 2 horse paddocks on the way down, went between one large rock boulder and a power pole and finally stopped right at the electric fence next to a small pond. Because the vehicle had gone down off the hill backwards I was well cushioned and the impact wasn't too bad (although the car needed a wheel alignment and a new paint job as it looked like it had been attacked by wolverine from the barbed wire) and both bub and myself were fine. I definitely had someone watching over me that day! It was a big wake up call & needless to say I don't eat in the car whilst driving anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I almost drowned in a river when I was a toddler. No older than four.
    I was also in a car crash when I was maybe about five? The car flipped about four times before landing upside down on a bank. Mum said she was never so relieved to hear my sister and I screaming because it meant we were alive. I got away without even a scratch. Very lucky!