+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure is this really counts but when I was five my dad and I were coming home from my soccer practice on dads motorbike and a drunk driver coming from a side street on to the highway T-boned us. I woke up alone on the road turned out dad knew he was going to hit and he couldn't avoid it do he threw me off as far as he could figuring with a helmet on I was better off hitting the rd then the big Volvo that hit us. Dad got hit ended up getting thrown off the bonnet and had a leg full of headlight glass. I didn't break anything doctors though my soccer pads saved me from shattering my legs and i had abrasions everywhere but no broken bones. So lucky dad threw me off. We had heaps of people stop and pick us up off the road a guy even went and picked my sister up from brownies lol

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's terrible but so so lucky for you & your DS!

I can identify.

First time in primary school I was talking to my 'boyfriend' out the front of school before going home (we were 8, he was the new boy, and I had a massive 'crush' on him) he rode off down the road on his bike, me following on foot, he went straight across the road without looking & was hit by a car.

2nd time was in my 20's when I was out at the pub with friends. One offered to give me a ride home but I decided to stay for another drink. He had an accident on the way home and died.

I also drowned as a child. And survived without brain damage!
    I was swimming & heaps of other kids & I were swimming under a big pontoon & popping up the other side again & again. I got stuck underneath (on oysters/barnicals (sp) I think, not sure but my back was covered in cuts)
    I remember struggling & not going anywhere, I remember being terrified trying to 'escape', and then it was like my body drowned before my mind did (if that makes sense?) I lost the ability to move & an incredible carm come over me. I was conscious for what felt like forever before I blacked out. My life didn't flash before my eyes. I don't remember a 'white light'. Just the merkyness of the water. Kind of a greeny brown. I could faintly see Kids legs kicking in the water. And then nothing. I was resuscitated by a stranger before the ambulance arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSudgestionator View Post
    Wow that's terrible but so so lucky for you & your DS!

I can identify.

First time in primary school I was talking to my 'boyfriend' out the front of school before going home (we were 8, he was the new boy, and I had a massive 'crush' on him) he rode off down the road on his bike, me following on foot, he went straight across the road without looking & was hit by a car.

2nd time was in my 20's when I was out at the pub with friends. One offered to give me a ride home but I decided to stay for another drink. He had an accident on the way home and died.

I also drowned as a child. And survived without brain damage!
    I was swimming & heaps of other kids & I were swimming under a big pontoon & popping up the other side again & again. I got stuck underneath (on oysters/barnicals (sp) I think, not sure but my back was covered in cuts)
    I remember struggling & not going anywhere, I remember being terrified trying to 'escape', and then it was like my body drowned before my mind did (if that makes sense?) I lost the ability to move & an incredible carm come over me. I was conscious for what felt like forever before I blacked out. My life didn't flash before my eyes. I don't remember a 'white light'. Just the merkyness of the water. Kind of a greeny brown. I could faintly see Kids legs kicking in the water. And then nothing. I was resuscitated by a stranger before the ambulance arrived.
    This sent shivers down my spine. Drowning/suffocating is my worst fear. I guess that stemmed from really bad asthma in my childhood

Thanks
    Reviews
    About 2 weeks ago I was walking home from the shops with DD-2 years old in the stroller. Had just crossed the road when I heard a bang and scraping. An elderly woman had come from her side of the road, across the island, hit 2 cars... and then accelerated, right onto the sidewalk where we were standing. I don't remember moving but I must have, she only missed me by about a metre, she slammed into a small wall instead.

I have been thinking constantly about this, and haven't really told anyone about it since my family are stressers and my brother was in a serious car accident about a month before that, which mum is still dealing with. I keep thinking the stupid what-ifs as well. What if I'd stopped and let DD out of her pram like she wanted me to about a minute before we crossed?

I had to go back to those shops yesterday, and had trouble breathing looking at the place where it happened, the marks on the wall. I have never, ever been so careful crossing a road before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my friend and her dd and me and my dd about 5 years okay went on a trip to newcastle. anyway we were driving and had to pull over to deal with the girls who were fighting.the car behind us drove past and a semi trailer ran straight into it.head on.the 3 people in that car died.if we had not pulled over it would have been us and our girls:-(so scary

Sent from my GT-S5660V using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story is not nearly as dramatic as some of the aforementioned!

One day I was at traffic lights waiting to turn right. The light went green - normally, being a P plater at the time, I'd put my foot down but for some reason I took off slowly. Suddenly a car came flying in front of me from the left hand side - he'd run a red light. Had I put my foot down like I normally did, he'd have collected me.

Another story which was not a close call, but one of those "thank god I didn't go" things.

I work in a shopping centre and would go to the post box at about 4:20-4:30pm each day. One day I really couldn't be bothered walking down the other end of the shops to the post box. *distressing warning* the next day i found out that a little girl had been beaten and sexually assaulted in the disabled toilet around 4:20pm that day. I would have walked passed it all playing out and them trying to resuscitate her bloodied body. She ended up passing away. It was such a horrible situation, and I'm very grateful I did not have to witness such a thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many lucky escapes!!!!

When I was younger I owned horses. I was a bit of a thrill seeker and liked to ride the more challenging equines, so had many falls . I had one horse who's hoof got caught on the drum when we were jumping which then toppled over, the mare lost her footing on the landing and we somersaulted, I wasn't wearing a helmet. I got up unharmed as did the horse.
    I had another horse rear up and flip over backwards, landing on top of me. Again no helmet. I have been thrown into fences and trees, thankfully the only injuries sustained were bruises.
    The scariest time would have been when a friend and I were double dinking on her pony bareback around a water hole and the pony slipped and fell in and we both fell off, it was really deep and I was wearing knee high riding boots which filled up with water. It was like my feet were being weighed down by concrete, I was trying to swim and tread water but wasn't getting anywhere, the weight of the boots was dragging me under. Luckily the pony had turned around and was heading towards a sloping part of the embankment, my friend had already got a firm hold around his neck, his tail was floating along behind him, I grabbed hold of his tail and he pulled us both out to safety. We told nobody where we were going that day, if we had of drowned, the pony would have made his way home, and our bodies would never have been found. Nobody would have known what had happened to us. That pony saved our lives. Thank you Benny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bali 2002. Very hard to talk about even today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bali bombing 2002... I still find it hard to talk about

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had numerous bad boating experiences, the worst was on holidays with friends in Tathra in NSW and we decided to go wave jumping which is when you jump over waves in a surf life saving rubber duckie.

We hit a wave at the bottom of the wave which is a no-no and the boat was swamped. I was thrown into the bottom of the boat. We were near the mouth of the river and the next wave flipped the boat with us all in it. I got stuck under the boat because my arm was twisted in the side ropes. I managed to untangle myself while under water. I felt like my lungs were on fire!

Luckily some surf life savers had seen it happen and swam out and got us. The guy who ran the wave jumping company (he was a surf life saver) was so apologetic. I had to get X-rays of my arm where I fell on it in the bottom of the boat but luckily was only badly bruised.

I have such a fear of drowning now!!