+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    Wow... Mine sounds so trivial next to some of your stories! I think cars tend to be the biggest risk factors
    I know they were set on only attacking the man they shot but as it was in front of the restaurant... What if they missed? *shudders*
    I would be thinking the same thing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

AvasMumma  (13-04-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One of my mates was booked in for a flight to Japan. He randomly decide to cancell his ticket a day or 2 before departing.

Two days after he was due in Japan the Earthquake/Tsunami happened and he was meant to be staying right where it sort of happened.

He had no idea why he cancelled. He just decided to cancell the ticket.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was pregnant we were in the car and came up to an Amber light. There was no traffic on coming so DP thought he would make it in time. He sped up and hooked a right. Like a flash of light an oncoming car which had been doing 30km+ over the speed limit had the idea of running the red and it was like slow motion watching the oncoming car, come towards ours. DP only managed to get ours out of the way by a matter of maybe 5 cms. We were in our run around old hatch and the oncoming car was a massive 4wd. Just maybe a second later and the 4wd would of cleaned us up. Hitting the car at exactly the passenger mirror and with me on the passenger side. Bub and I would of been gone.

Scared the life out of me. And DP copped an ear bashing as he chose to speed up to make the Amber light and idiot coming to us ran the red. 2 stupid decisions from either sides almost caused a fatality.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 13-04-2012 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bugger that I am glad you left when you did.

I have hada few close calls, but now if my gut says being late(I schedule strictly to my watch and know how long I need for everything but a few times I gave in and arrived late) wont hurt I listen. I now know after a near fatal accident that those several times I was meant to be somewhere and "just" missed a massive crash in the exact spot I normally was or intruder in one case that the feeling I had was a warning.

That day I was in crash, I took my car(a weekend only car) to avoid being 4 mins late for work instead of dropping hubby at work to avoid holiday traffic in the city, I ended up 6 weeks late. I kept thinking just call in sick traffic is crazy.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 13-04-2012 at 23:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to play the electric organ. One day I decided to fix some of the keys as the contacts weren't connecting. I was stupid enough to leave it plugged in and turned on so I would know if I fixed it properly. I was really, really stupid because unused a knife instead if a screwdriver. Long story short, the knife touched the main black and red wires and I was thrown back. Felt like I had been kicked in the chest. I was later told that had I have touched only one wire instead of the two, it would have likely killed me. Makes me feel sick to think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 3 I had my tonsils out. The anecestic they used back then was scholine. I Had an allergic reaction to it and was in a coma. When I finally woke I told my mum and my godmother who is very religious I seen my mum laying on me crying and my godmother when they asked where I was I said I was up on the roof going to the light where there was someone waiting for me. I wad three and had retold what they did while I was in a coma. My mum still tears up when retelling this story. Since this happened to me my family were all tested for schooling defincency and my dad and brother are both allergic too. I now need to have my kids tested

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had two when i was young. i used to go to bed at exactly 8pm, i lived with my gran who was doing night school and was usually home late 11pm maybe, that day i didn't want to sleep at all and used all the excuses i could find, finally gran came and made me sleep, every time i close my eyes ifelt a pull and would wake up it got worse as the night progressed finally gran listened to me and decided to keep me up all night. I believe if i had closed my eyes and slept i would have never woken up,

Second was after i had surgery on my knee, the day i was released i was walking out the hospital to the bus, traffic was heavy so when we got the smallest widow we ran for it, having just had knee surgery i couldn't really run, next thing i know im right in the middle of the road and a car is speeding right towards me and i froze...some man came out of nowhere and grabbed me, i could feel the breeze of the car passing by me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 very much sliding doors-esq:

When i was 17, me and 2 of my best mates were supposed to go snowboarding for the weekend. I pulled out at the last second because my nan fell ill.

... The night my 2 friends left, they were killed when hit head on by a drink driver.

The black Saturday bushfires in Victoria... Me and DH had booked a place in marysville for the weekend. We cancelled because i had to work and couldn't knock back back the pay at triple time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have objective vertigo which hit me really hard one night. Was with a mate and he left me for a minute to grab a lighter. Worst timing ever. Everything went blurry, dizzy and spinning then I blacked out. If my mate hadnt come back and given me CPR I would either not be breathing today or living with permanent brain damage Its so scary when yoh have a near death moment. Makes you realise how precious life really is and how quick it can be taken away

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I was 8 my parents, brother and I went to see my relatives 700kms away.

While we were there we all got extremely sick and dad ended up staying in hospital for 2 weeks (private, great reputation hospital) he nearly died several times and to this very day the drs had no idea what we had all caught. My dad is a dentist and they believed he caught something unknown from a backpacker (our town was seasonal)

Anyway... On our drive home it was pouring ran and my mum was driving her eye site isn't brilliant from a near death experience of her own. Dad was to sick to drive and in the passenger seat. Mum went to overtake this slow caravan (whilst raining) and went into the right lane. She couldn't see the oncoming semi-trailer truck and within seconds it was beeping and we couldn't get back info our lane be ause of the caravan so dad with all his strength (he was still violently ill) grabbed the steering wheel and swung it right. We went down a huge bankment doing 110km's went through a fence, spun around 3 times, hit a cow and ended up running into a tree. We were all fine (the landcrusier wasn't so) if it had of been a small car we would surely have died. The truck driver came down to check on us and was very shaken up.