+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How scary for you!

I have had a couple of near death experiences. I was hit head on by a drunk guy who was being chased by police. The car crumpled around me but I escaped with a few scratches.

Another time I was in a car being driven by my DP (at the time), it was raining and dark and we went off a cliff, car flipped and we landed upside down in a swollen river. My door was locked and the water was rushing against his and he had his head caught between the roof and the steering wheel. I managed to get my seatbelt off, turn right way up, breathe the limited air in an air pocket and yank his head out. He kicked open my door and we got out. We then walked for about 5kms wet and cold till someone picked us up. Still frightens me to think about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I heard about that, how awful. Makes me so mad that people are so reckless when it comes to other peoples' lives!

Recently I was driving home with mum and DS. Was waiting at a red light for it to turn green so I could turn right. The right arrow turned green so I took off, as did the car next to me. All of a sudden I heard the loudest horn I had ever heard - a truck was heading right toward me! I sped off and it missed me by goodness knows how much but I was so shaken, as was mum. I think his brakes must have failed. I've never heard noise like that, was doppler effect style as the truck flew past!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... Mine sounds so trivial next to some of your stories! I think cars tend to be the biggest risk factors
    I know they were set on only attacking the man they shot but as it was in front of the restaurant... What if they missed? *shudders*

Thanks
    Reviews
    How awful for you. When I was a teenager I was involved in a very serious accident in which people died and I came within cm's of death. I honestly believe it changed who I an forever. I remember clearly all the thoughts going through my head at the moment of impact. It certainly does make you appreciate life more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How scary for you!!

I havnt had any near death experiences as such as they ate generally accidents etc

But medically I have a couple of close calls. Four years ago I was diagnosed with stage four cancer. Last year I
    Was also diagnosed with an auto immune disorder where my platelets drop to dangerous levels where any injury could result in my having internal bleeding and quickly bleeding out. 3 times they have dropped pretty much as low as they could go and the last time I was 3 months pregnant with this bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I nearly fell off a large cliff into monster waves. I subconsciously grabbed onto a rock, then slipped and was hanging there. If I hadn't grabbed the rock before slipping, I wouldn't be here. Someone was definitely watching over me that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pregnant I got run off the highway by a semitrailer. I was in the overtaking lane and a truck tried to merge into my lane and went straight for me. I've always been suspicious of trucks so reacted and ended up in the ditch between our lanes and the oncoming traffic. Spoke to cops as u got the rego but fake plates!!!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got dunked and lost my boogie board as a kid in Byron bay; went to retrieve my board and step dad stopped me, as he realized it was in the mouth of a shark!

In dec, DP chased a man down the street and he was waving a gun at her.

Guest Guest
    Wow that must of been so scary for you it was a very close call indeed and seeing someone 5 minutes before they're murdered is just horrifying. Take care of yourself, it's a lot to take in.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Benji  (13-04-2012),squirrelex  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow!! Lucky you left when you did!!! Would have been horrible to witness!!!

When I was 18 I was driving with my friend along the motorway, which had four lanes, in torrential rain. I was in the left-est lane only doing about 80 in 110km zone as it was pretty heavy- peak hour too. Next thing I feel my steering wheel start pulling me to the left, off the side of the road. Not knowing what to do I instantly start trying to correct while braking when I completely lose all control and spin across all four lanes 180 degrees and the car stalls and won't start and all I can see is a semi trailer coming for me, I hear his horn and see his lights flashing. Everything slowed down, I thought I was dead. I frantically try to start the car, doesn't start and then the truck stops about 2cm away!!!! I look around and somehow I've missed every car around me, there are cars everywhere but I didn't hit anyone or anything!!! Finally I start the car and move to the side of the road- nobody came to see if we were ok- I call a mate who comes and gets the car for me.... I spewed all afternoon. 10 years on I still hate driving in the rain!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pooks For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (19-03-2013)