+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Near death experiences

Last night I left a restaurant with DS 5 minutes before a man was shot dead. This has left me shaken and asking a lot of 'what ifs' such as what if I had have had that extra plate I was going to or grabbed a drink...
    What's scary is I walked past the man moments prior also.
    Close call, way too close!

Has anyone else had any near death type experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Were you at that sushi place?
    How scary for you guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's scary was that at Warrigal
    Road? Terrible thing to go through it really does make you wonder..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That was so scary I live in rochedale and both these crimes are so close to home I don't think they intended to hurt anyone other then the guy they murdered. I know it won't make you feel any better tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the one... Treating little man to
    Some sushi. Almost got more than I bargained for!
    I remember giving him the evil eye because he went outside and was on the phone smoking right outside the restaurant and I had little man and my pregnant self (which was torture- I couldn't eat any of my fav sushi!)

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How scary for you! Hugs! When I was 17 years old I was involved in a car accident. Basically, there was blackout and the lights weren't working. My boyfriend at the time was driving. We were t-boned and the car wrapped around a power pole. The car that hit us hit just before my door (near the wheel), if it had of hit my door I wouldn't be here today. If my boyfriend was driving even a little bit slower or faster even, it could have ended very differently. As it was, I broke my leg very badly and my life changed forever, but I am forever grateful for the fact that I lived through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's awful Must have been quite an unnerving experience.

I haven't had an actual near death experience but an eerie one. I was doing a bar & waiting course and did some work at the old Newcastle Workers Club. At the time I felt like I'd rather be on the other side of the bar enjoying myself so I handed in my notice. A few days later the 1989 earthquake hit and the bar I'd been working in was obliterated. It freaked me out as i would have been rostered on that day and also very distressing as one of the ladies who was training me lost her life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg jbish that must have been awful *hugs*
    I'm lucky it was a matter of leaving early (sliding doors style) rather than actually nearly dying. Thats life altering stuff...

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny that you mentioned "sliding doors" because that is exactly what I thought of when I read your post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's scary, on Monday ex dp and I took my girls to an indoor play centre it's about a half an hour drive away along the highway anyway on the way home we were doing 100k and there was an over taking lane coming up on a hill just as we got over the hill some idiot was overtaking over double lines diving in my lane coming straight towards us I quickly swerved and was so lucky the over taking lane was still there if I had of been even minute later we would have hit the car head on makes me sick to think of what would of happened, the car over taking had no where to go as he was over taking a bunch of cars not just one, I definitely cuddled my girls alot that night