+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ergo sport is fairly thin and lightweight. Do you think that would work? Might be able to get one fairly affordably second hand. There's a really light soft structured carrier with a mesh insert on the Facebook Babywearing Buy, Sell, Swap group but the asking price is $220 which I imagine is more than you want to spend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think a Manduca is lighter than the Ergo in terms of fabric and has the newbie insert inbuilt into it. They're about $150 I think, though I for mine on special for $120. I recommend making a list of what ones you are considering and then see if there is a stockist near you so you can try it on.

I have a Manduca, Ergo and Baby Bjorn and both the Manduca and Ergo have been excellent for me.

Wovens are also good, but I find them to be fiddly at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love our Manduca and Beco Butterfly

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have looked at the ergo and manduca and I guess my question is how are they different to my BB? The position of the bub is still the same with hips out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try and find a shop you can try them on in, take bub or wait til bub is born. Everyone is so different when it comes to carriers/slings the only way to get it right is to try yourself.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Try and find a shop you can try them on in, take bub or wait til bub is born. Everyone is so different when it comes to carriers/slings the only way to get it right is to try yourself.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    We live remotely so thats not an option. It's hard as I cant try anything out and mainly go off reviews for products we buy online. I already have a BB but was curious about what else was available for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    So I have looked at the ergo and manduca and I guess my question is how are they different to my BB? The position of the bub is still the same with hips out?
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

This comparison isnt with an ergo or manduca but it gives you the gist of the babies positioning in a BB and other more optimal carriers

ETA: If you dont like the look of Ergo or Manduca you could try AngelPack (as pictured in the link) or maybe a Boba 3G. They come in really cool prints also
    Last edited by Bennos Mummy; 09-07-2012 at 13:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, a comparison.

A BB lasts up to about 10 months, less for chunky bubbas. You can wear it on the front only. There 's some questions about posture. Wearers have stated it's uncomfortable after a while, but is okay in hot weather.

Ergo/Manduca lasts up to toddlers (18kg). Can be worn front, hip or back. Wearers say they're really comfortable even after a long time but the Ergo can be hot with the newborn insert.

Bit of a no-brainer, I'd say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

This comparison isnt with an ergo or manduca but it gives you the gist of the babies positioning in a BB and other more optimal carriers

ETA: If you dont like the look of Ergo or Manduca you could try AngelPack (as pictured in the link) or maybe a Boba 3G. They come in really cool prints also
    Thanks I will check them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagari View Post
    Okay, a comparison.

A BB lasts up to about 10 months, less for chunky bubbas. You can wear it on the front only. There 's some questions about posture. Wearers have stated it's uncomfortable after a while, but is okay in hot weather.

Ergo/Manduca lasts up to toddlers (18kg). Can be worn front, hip or back. Wearers say they're really comfortable even after a long time but the Ergo can be hot with the newborn insert.

Bit of a no-brainer, I'd say!
    Thanks you have given me some things to think about. I guess my question regarding the posture was what is the difference between the ergo/manduca or others versus the BB in the baby position - They look like the same position to me??
    I could only wear my BB for 8 months max as my bubs are chubby! So yes the others are attractive because I could wear for longer but not sure if my body could wear the weight with any carrier then anyway?
    We do have hot weather so definately could not have bub in a hot carrier, guess that rules out the ergo then but then most of the "others" are made from similar material.