+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone, didnt want to start a debate over carriers though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarplumMummy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    They're not supposed to be good for baby's hips.. I used an ergo with an infant insert, which is supposed to be better or slings are also a good option :-)
    Oh, I thought you meant just all baby carriers in general. Ive heard the Ergo is better for everyone.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thanks everyone, didnt want to start a debate over carriers though.
    Was just answering a question another poster asked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry didn't want to upset OP just thought I had heard it and if anyone had info maybe you would like to know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    They're not supposed to be good for baby's hips.. I used an ergo with an infant insert, which is supposed to be better or slings are also a good option :-)
    Gee, yeah maybe, if you carry the baby around in it for hours at a time in the one position..... It's not disimilar to carrying baby around on the hip, as with any carrier. All that 'it's bad for their hips' is rubbish!I

t's perfectly comportable for bub and they tuck their legs up anyway when they're that little.

I loved mine for quick trips out when I needed my arms... because it held him in a super comfy position like he would have been in if I was holding him on my hip except he was on my front. I couldn't have lived without it (used it from birth - he was 4.2 kg born!) and as a petit single Mum, it was a life saver, especially doing the grocery shopping!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (14-04-2012),LoCo  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    They don't keep babies hips in an optimal position, basically they dangle baby by the crotch rather than a seated position which supports the hip joints.

Eta think about how you carry a baby, you don't do it by the crotch you carry baby with their legs froggied and their bum lower than their knees (think about how you would carry a baby on your hip) this is a natural position for bub to be in. A carrier should mimic that.
    This ^

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Etienne For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD was 10 weeks I think when she was diagnosed with silent reflux it was a godsend.

If it was that bad for babies they would not be allowed to sell it surely. Everything in moderation. It did hurt MY back though as she got heavier.

I have both BB and Ergo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the active one and used when bub was about 2 weeks. I had a c-section and had no dramas. I love it and still use it with my 10.5kg 11 month old baby girl.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    If it was that bad for babies they would not be allowed to sell it surely.
    I don't think that's a good rule of thumb eg. cot bumpers, cot pillows, soft mattresses, the list goes on.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (09-07-2012),CicerFabaceaexxxx  (08-07-2012),Elijahs Mum  (08-07-2012),headoverfeet  (13-04-2012),LoCo  (13-04-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (14-04-2012),misskittyfantastico  (13-04-2012),wrena  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Gee, yeah maybe, if you carry the baby around in it for hours at a time in the one position..... It's not disimilar to carrying baby around on the hip, as with any carrier. All that 'it's bad for their hips' is rubbish!I

t's perfectly comportable for bub and they tuck their legs up anyway when they're that little.

I loved mine for quick trips out when I needed my arms... because it held him in a super comfy position like he would have been in if I was holding him on my hip except he was on my front. I couldn't have lived without it (used it from birth - he was 4.2 kg born!) and as a petit single Mum, it was a life saver, especially doing the grocery shopping!
    Just sharing the info I found when I researched before having my first bub as I didn't know anything about them.
    I used the ergo all the time as I had a premmie who wouldn't sleep for more than 20 mins at a time for 8 months.

There has been quite a bit of research done by physios and chiros backing up that the are not great as bub is hanging by the crotch instead of being supported under the bottom, as they would be of they were being carried.
    Disregarding it as rubbish is fine if that's what you have found, I'm just offering information that I have found.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2girls1boyplus1 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (09-07-2012),headoverfeet  (13-04-2012),Lovemyfam  (13-04-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (14-04-2012),misskittyfantastico  (13-04-2012)