+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby Jogger City Mini GT double vs Mountain Buggy Due or Duet?

Hi, I was hoping that there were some of you out there who have opinions on either or both of these prams that you could share?

I have a 2 year old and we are expecting bub #2 in 10 weeks - we are planning on getting the Baby Jogger but my research this afternoon has had me come across the Mountain Buggy options as alternatives - any feedback?

ETA- sorry title should read "duo", not "due"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I only have the City Mini single but am very happy with it, the main plus being how lightweight the entire range is. The turning circle is tight and it goes well over the really bumpy, cracked footpaths in our suburb.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The duo is very heavy and bulky and the fold is crap I wouldn't get it if you were going to be taking it in and out the car, I plan on getting a BJCS pram (probably the versa as I won't need a double) for shopping and I'll keep using the duo for kindy trips as we walk which it is awesome for

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

MyPossum  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to you both!! Especially you Thermolicious, that is exactly the sirt of thing that I need to know :-)
    It will be in & out of the car most of the time.
    We currently have a Baby Jogger City Elite single which we love & will be keeping, but need a double option for a while!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a mountain buggy duet for my monsters. I wasn't keen on the BJ city mini, as it looks to me like it won't wear well. The fold is easy on the MB, and it's the same width as something like a Strider, which is what attracted me to it. It's 15"5kg, which is slightly heavier than the BJ city mini, but I can still lift it about ok at 31 weeks pregnant with twins! Steering on it is great, and I think it'll be easier to clean the footrest than on the BJ. It's also bassinet/capsule compatible too.

The duo is the older, wider, heavier model. You should definitely head to the baby shoo and try them out. Once I'd played with the MB, there was no competition for me, but I was looking from the perspective of 2 newborns.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanzibar For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked at MB I had a single and loved it but I found the MB duo too big and bulky, you need a big car. The BJCGT is only new I think and I might just get one, we have a 6 mo and 20 mo. I loved the BJ city mini but not the hard tyres , I know the GT model has pneumatic tyres. We have a P&t explorer at the mo and DS who is 6 mo is not happy in the back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't brought it yet but I'm going the MB Duet.

It's a good ten centimetres slimmer than the duo which is a big plus for me. It fits through standard doorways (the duo is 1cm too big for some doors ). Also, as someone that catches the bus a lot, the slimmer the better. Having the kids side by side, and having the option for a bassinet for NB to face me was the biggest selling point for me.

We tried it out at the shop and I loved it, now I just have to stick the toddler in it for another go but yeah we're pretty sold on it. It's a bit on the pricey side but for something that you'll use just about every day, it's so worth it.

So yep, Duet for us - good luck with the pram hunt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went the duet too. I liked that it was slimmer than my strider so would fit through checkouts. It was easy to steer and fold and I could put a basinet on it. It fit my four year old and my 20 month old so will be fine for my 20 month old and new bub when she is born.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mordygordy For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (13-04-2012)