+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Daughter was Born on 27th March 2008, 10 weeks early!

My story Starts like this, I was admitted to Mater Hospital Brisbane when l was 25weeks with High blood pressure, after a number of tests I found out I had pre-eclampsia, I was told I would stay in hospital until bub comes! 5 weeks in hospital was very hard but the staff were so nice! 4 days before Bub came we were taken to ICN so we knew what to expect, it was eye opening and so scary knowing this is what we were in for! so the day before alisha was born the dr came and told us that i was getting Very sick and bub would be born tommorow at 8am via c-section! So the big day came, we were so excited hubby rushed to hospital after night shift, and got dressed in his scrubs! At 8.58am Alisha Maree was born 1332g and 40cms, she was taken away straight away and put on cpap machine, and i saw her about a hr later, omg she was so Little so beauitful so like her daddy! so i was taken back to my room, and my family left so I could rest, 20 mins later I was told I was going to adult ICU so far away from my baby! I was put on a magisum infusion and spent 3 days there where my blood pressure went thought the roof and was very lucky i was there, i also found out i had a enlarged heart from all the fluid I was retaining! My 1st Cuddle with Alisha was her day 4! it was amazing ! I didnt want to have to put her back in the humidicrib I could of cuddled her all day, I remember she felt like a warm frog all skin and bones! Alisha was so Very lucky, she never got sick all she had to do was to get bigger! Thats what one of the midwifes said, she is not sick just Little! She came home 6 weeks later! another amazing day!!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

BH-community  (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naget View Post
    Happy for you to use mine - I was only just thinking about my daughter's birth story the other day as it was her 4th birthday *sniff*

On Saturday the 5th of December 2009, when I was 38+2weeks pregnant, I sat down to watch cartoons at about 8am. My partner was still working in central QLD, 14 hours from where I was staying with my parents. We didn't expect baby for another 2 weeks at least so he was taking the time to do some extra work. As I sat down, I felt a sudden gush. I just made it to the toilets in time for a second gush. My mother was completely terrified, she had NO intentions of being at the birth of her first grandchild. We made hurried calls to my partner to get home and then headed up to the hospital.

We were shown a room and told to wait. The midwife said we'd more than likely be induced the next morning. My mum was hungry so with nothing happening, we headed to the cafeteria where I promptly threw up my egg and lettuce sandwich and had my first contraction. Back in the room, I laboured with the help of my best friend and mum, mostly in the shower. At around 4pm, a midwife came to check my obs. She sent us straight to the labour ward where another midwife told us she'd be back soon to settle us in. By this stage I was in so much pain, I got back in the shower. After about 45 minutes I suddenly knew I needed to push. My mum hurriedly found a midwife (who hadn't even been in to see us yet and didn't believe I needed to push). The midwife barely had time to put a set of gloves on and Zoe Paige was born completely naturally at 5.03pm.

Hope that was okay! Let me know if it's not :-)
    This is great! We usually like them to be around 500 words though - do you think you'd be able to expand a bit? Any other emotions, feelings, or details you think other mums would like to hear about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    My Daughter was Born on 27th March 2008, 10 weeks early!

My story Starts like this, I was admitted to Mater Hospital Brisbane when l was 25weeks with High blood pressure, after a number of tests I found out I had pre-eclampsia, I was told I would stay in hospital until bub comes! 5 weeks in hospital was very hard but the staff were so nice! 4 days before Bub came we were taken to ICN so we knew what to expect, it was eye opening and so scary knowing this is what we were in for! so the day before alisha was born the dr came and told us that i was getting Very sick and bub would be born tommorow at 8am via c-section! So the big day came, we were so excited hubby rushed to hospital after night shift, and got dressed in his scrubs! At 8.58am Alisha Maree was born 1332g and 40cms, she was taken away straight away and put on cpap machine, and i saw her about a hr later, omg she was so Little so beauitful so like her daddy! so i was taken back to my room, and my family left so I could rest, 20 mins later I was told I was going to adult ICU so far away from my baby! I was put on a magisum infusion and spent 3 days there where my blood pressure went thought the roof and was very lucky i was there, i also found out i had a enlarged heart from all the fluid I was retaining! My 1st Cuddle with Alisha was her day 4! it was amazing ! I didnt want to have to put her back in the humidicrib I could of cuddled her all day, I remember she felt like a warm frog all skin and bones! Alisha was so Very lucky, she never got sick all she had to do was to get bigger! Thats what one of the midwifes said, she is not sick just Little! She came home 6 weeks later! another amazing day!!!
    Thanks! Same as my above post though - do you think you could expand at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BHCommunity View Post
    Yep should be able too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BHCommunity View Post
    My Daughter was Born on 27th March 2008, 10 weeks early! We found out we were pregnant 4 weeks after we were married in 2007, we were very excited especially my parents there only daughter having a baby! All was well up until 23 weeks, I was working crazy hours as a chef in brisbane's south bank, and noticed after a shift my feet were really swollen, I went to see my dr and she did a few tests and said I had protein in my urine & high blood pressure, with the swelling equaled to preeclampsia, I was admitted to Logan hospital, for 3 days where I had a number of tests and they told me I had preeclampsia, I was released to later find myself back there 4 days later, at that point they decided I was to high risk for a local hospital and only being 24 weeks I was transfer to the Mater Hospital Brisbane I spent 5 days there and they released me again for the weekend to have daily checks with my gp, Monday came and Bp had sky rocketed and was told to head straight to the hospital, i got looked over and was sent to ward, about 30 mins later I had the senior dr come see and told me I would be not be leaving this hospital until your baby is born, I was 25 +4 days, my brother was getting married 4 days later I was ment to be in the wedding party but had to pull out, I begged the staff to let me out, I had to have blood test & checked over before I was aloud to leave, I arrived at 3 in time for Ceremony but only made it to 7, I was very sick, my sister took me back to the hospital and I slept the rest of the night away, that was how I knew I wasn't well, 4 weeks went past filled with visits from family & friends, took up craft run by the mater, and wrote in my diary every day, 4 days before Bub came we were taken to ICN so we knew what to expect, it was eye opening and so scary knowing this is what we were in for! The day before alisha was born the dr came and told us that i was getting Very sick and bub would be born tommorow at 8am via c-section! The big day came, we were so excited hubby rushed to hospital after night shift, and got dressed in his scrubs! At 8.58am Alisha Maree was born 1332g and 40cms, she was taken away straight away and put on cpap machine, and i saw her about a hr later, omg she was so Little so beauitful so like her daddy! I was taken back to my room, and my family left so I could rest, 20 mins later I was told I was going to adult ICU so far away from my baby! I was put on a magisum infusion and spent 3 days there where my blood pressure went thought the roof i was very lucky I was there, i also found out i had a enlarged heart from all the fluild I was retaining! My 1st Cuddle with Alisha was her day 4! it was amazing ! I didnt want to have to put her back in the humidicrib I could of cuddled her all day, I remember she felt like a warm frog all skin and bones! Alisha was so Very lucky, she never got sick all she had to do was to get bigger! Thats what one of the midwifes said, she is not sick just Little! She spent a total of 9 days at the mater, then was transferred back to the Logan hospital, she spent a further 5 weeks there, I saw her every day but the hardest part is having to ask to pick up ur own child, or kiss them or touch them, my hubby was very over it towards the end, as was I, Alisha came home on the 7th may 2008, nearly 7 weeks after she was born it was an amazing day! Felt like a long time coming! I was so glad we had her home with us where she belongs!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joalisha For This Useful Post:

BH-community  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello
    Just wondering how can I post the birth story of my DS.
    Regards,
    Sreeswar

Sent from my C1904 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our little man born 27/11/2013

Well the whole pregnancy was a little exciting, from being told i couldn't fall pregnant , then finding out i was pregnant, then told i was having an ectopic pregnancy to then being put in hospital for just over 4 weeks at 28 weeks for premature labour when i was 5cm dilated, bulging waters and bub 3/5 engaged. We pushed through to 32 weeks after being injected with a lot of steroids and all sorts of other medications etc and told every day that he would be here any minute. Once transferred to my own hospital as they couldn't care for bub if he was born under 32 weeks they allowed me to go home which we then managed to push through to 38 +3 weeks, from 35 weeks my blood pressure had started rising quiet a lot so when i went for my antenatal at 38 +3 the doctor tells me i am going straight to birth suite to be induced due to my blood pressure. So at this point dh and i are like omg we are about to have a baby.

So we head to birth suite and they get me ready and start telling me about how they are going to break my waters which i all of a sudden get a bellyache and feel a pop and let the midwife know i think my water may of just broken on it own, which it had, she then proceeds to explain they will need to put me on hormones to bring on contractions which i also interrupt with a owwwwwwwwww. So then started the fun, dh was absolutely brilliant and my mum turned up about 20 mins in to give a hand also which was a great support, because everything was happening a lot quicker than expected i got my wish of no epidural BUT i also couldn't have morphine or anything either which i realllllllly wanted after the mean nurse took my gas thingy away that i was being very intimate with. After 3 1/2 hours of me yelling i can't do this anymore and heaps of rib pain our little man entered the world very stunned and working hard to breath so off to SCU he went after only getting to hug with mummy for a few seconds. Once he was taken away i then get told i had suffered a 3rd degree tear and needed surgery asap and had a choice of being knocked out or spinal anesthetic (or what ever they called it) in the end i went for the spinal as being knocked out scared me more than a slim chance of being paralysed. 3 hours of surgery and over 1lt of blood loss i then get back to my room, still not having seen bub properly except for the stunned stare when he was chucked on my chest.

24 hours later still i hadn't got to see bub but got a wonderful midwife who woke me during the night with a photo she took of him, and the next midwifes were even more wonderful and organised for my whole bed to be taken down into the spare room in SCU so i could give him a hug, at that point i fall in love with the most beautiful man in the world, and even as i write this after very little sleep this week and a migraine over night a week and a half later and being at home for 7 days i still love him more than life itself. The whole experience is not something I will ever do again, but would not change it for the world and would not of been able to do it without my DH .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy82 For This Useful Post:

BH-community  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sreeswar View Post
    Hello
    Just wondering how can I post the birth story of my DS.
    Regards,
    Sreeswar
    Hi there

You can either post it in full in this thread, or email it bheditor @ bubhub.com.au (without the spaces). You can email through any images you'd like in the blog if you want any included as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So here i was on my due date with my show. I then waited impatiently for any signs that i might go into labour. I was told by everyone, 'you will know when you are in labour', so i waited to feel the labour pains. I had a niggly sort of pain on and off starting a couple of days later, but when i went to the doctor to see if it might have been the early stages he said ' doubtful, you will know'. That night i went to bed and at 1.30am i woke up to my waters breaking. I definatly knew i was in labour then. The contractions were extremly strong and close together. I rang the hospital and they told me to take me time as they believed i had an hour i had atleast an hour. However i didnt feel i did. I felt the urge to go to the toilet. So we racef to the hospital. Upon arrival they checked me out and told me if i felt the need to push i could. They were in aww that i could be ready to push si fast. My beautiful little girl Aria was born at 2.22 am. Approx 52mins after my waters broke. 7pound 7 ounces.
    She is now 7 months old and so very beautiful.