User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default We want to publish your birth story ...

Hi everyone!

We are interested in publishing your birth stories on our blog: http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog/author/the-stork/

If you'd like to share your story this is what you can do:

Email the text and a photo (if you'd like - but not necessary as we can add a generic pic to illustrate) to me at editor @ bubhub. com .au (without the spaces).

1. No need to use your baby's real name - if you'd like to you can although we'd advise to steer clear of surnames. Feel free to use nicknames

2. tell us your name (or BH username if you'd prefer) so we can attribute the story to you as author.

3. The ideal length is 500 words.

4. Understand that we may edit the story to check for grammar errors etc
    Last edited by BH-editor; 27-07-2013 at 14:01.

The 4YO The 2YO The Baby and me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most women reach their due date and just want this baby out!! I was 8 days over and was seriously over it! but that was just the beginning of my journey. I started having contractions whilst watching tv at home, I was able to sleep half way through that night before going into the hospital. When I first arrived i was having three very strong painful contractions per five minutes. here I was thinking i'd be giving birth to my daughter within a few hrs, but they soon died off and I was sent back home. i didnt last long before i was back in there. my waters had to be broken the next day, But still nothing. By that afternoon I was starting to dilate, but at 9pm i was told i would need an emergency c-section. It wasn't until 3am that they actually took me in to operate. 6 hrs after saying it was an emergency. My daughters was born not breathing and they had to revive her! thank goodness they were successful! And to top it off, she weighed a whopping 10lb 6oz.. Born ten days over due and a recorded 52 hrs in labour. That was my first birth and a very horrible experience. But i now have a beautiful, healthy, almost 3 year old and expecting again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannah1501 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (29-04-2012),criedel3  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So close to missing out :)

I was told my baby was to small at the last ultrasound, a week before her due date, the 14th of July 2010. They told me she wasnt yet fully developed and would most likely land nearly two weeks overdue and need a c-section.
    My best friend, who happens to be gay, had bought us tickets to see the titanic exhibition a few months prior for the 12th of july. He stayed over the night prior so we could watch the movie and drive down together the next morning. At around 5.30am I woke up to a contraction, the pain didnt last long and once it past I quickly jumped out of bed excited and attempted to wake my friend. I only made it a few steps before the second contraction hit and boy it hit hard. This baby was coming and it was coming fast. We sped to the hospital, thankfully only 4 minutes around the corner. When we arrived I was already 6 1/2 cm dilated. My nan and friend was with me. I dont remember much from then on. There were complications but still nearly two years on I cant seem to get anybody to tell me what actually happened. I kept falling in and out of conscisness. There are flashes that I do remember, a mid wife forcing me to sit on the toilet, I didnt want to be there I wanted to go back to the bed. I threw a punch at her but missed and hit the wall behind her. They told me she was stuck and wanted to use forceps. I refused. The nurse tried to take away my gas so I chomped down on her hand. They then told me that my baby was loosing oxygen, I could fell them trying to pull her out with their hands. She finaly came 4.00pm exactly. I was so happy but they quickly cut the cord and practicly threw her into my nans arms, suddenly there was near a dozen nurses and doctors in the room. I was loosing blood, alot of blood. I kept telling them i was going to be ok, I just needed to hold my baby ang get some sleep. They wouldnt let me do either, they got my fri9end to try and keep me awake. It didnt work, I was alseep within seconds. I woke four hours later,alone exept for my baby girl beside me. I remember that as clear as anything. everything stopped and I forgot everything else. Completly unaware of the blood caked all over my body and the two drips I was attatched to I knelt beside her too scared to pick her up so I held her hand and kiseed her on the forhead and just watched her. I was barely 17 but knew that no matter what was to happen that I was now a mother, a real mother and I was going to be brilliant at it

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SherbetLove For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (31-07-2012),BH-editor  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops. ha ha sorry I didnt realise how long that was. Think I got a bit carried away

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Due Date!

On the 1st of Feb i was 39 weeks and 6 days pregant. Due date was 2nd Feb. I wasnt ready for DS to come out cause i was so inlove with being pregnant and very scared about giving birth.
    At 1:30am on the 2nd Feb my water breaks and started contrations they went from 7 mins apart to 4 mins apart. Quickly woke up my DP and we where on our way.
    We get to the hospital and I could hardly walk and the pressure was insane!
    I tell my midwife this baby coming and coming now. They got me into bed and checked how dialated i was and wanted to check baby heart beat. They couldnt find his heart beat. I completely freaked out and my midwife said that we have to do a emergancy c-section!
    I never been so scared in all my life!. they wheel me up stairs and where about to put me under then i hear a doctor say next contration PUSH!
    I pushed and pushed and pushed and couple more pushes and my DS was born weighing 5 pounds 13 ounces at 5:50am. I was so proud and even more happy that only 4% of babies are born on there due date.
    I Love My DS!
    Love My DP!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youngish87 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-05-2012),jacobsmamma  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'll be back when I have more time but would love for you to include my birth story!
    ME+DH+DS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-05-2012)

&BabyMakes4 is offline && I never knew love till I met you!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Birth Of Lucas Taylor

On the 5th of November i noticed only one movement from bubs but didnt think anything of it. the next day i was counting movements and i didnt feel any for the whole day so i went in for monitoring. after 5 mins searching for a heartbeat they found it and i was reassured that everything was ok..

over the next couple of days i was in and out of hospital for monitoring and after the 5th day of monitoring the hospital kept me in all day with nurses sitting by the bed for hours trying to feel movements.

i overheard the doctors talking about inducing me but wasnt sure if i heard correctly so i didnt speak up.. at 8pm that night a nurse came in and explained what was going to happen and that someone will be in to put in the cervidil..

the cervidil was put in at 9pm on the 10/11/10 and i was told the induction procedure would start at 6am the next day....

my waters were broken at 6am on the 11/11/10 and i was having contractions instantly lasting a minute about 1 minute apart. i went through 4 hours of strong contractions before i even tried the gas.. after using it through two contractions i ended up vomiting so i didnt use it anymore i continued my labour with contractions getting worse and at 1pm i gave in to the pain and asked for an epidural..

within the hour i had the epidural and from 2pm i was calm and friendly.. over the next couple of hours lucas' heart rate started to become erratic and i needed internal monitoring. lucas was facing upwards and needed to turn so they came back to check after and hour an he had turned to the right position so the first scalp monitor was removed and a second was placed on his poor head..

his heart rate did not improve at all and started to drop dramatically low so i was checked at 6.30pm to see how far i had dialated after 12 hours of labour and i had only made it to 4cm. the decision was made for lucas' safety to have an emergency c section.

the rest all happened so fast and at 7.24pm on the 11/11/10 Lucas Taylor was born
    Weight 8 pound 1 ounce
    Length 52 cm
    Head Circ 35.5cm

i was in recovery for two hours and didnt get to meet my son till 9.30 but it was worth the wait my little boy is absolutely beautiful and puts a smile on my face each and every single day...
    Me 22 & DH 25
    Angel Baby 35 weeks 15/06/05
    DS: Lucas 11/11/10
    Baby no 2 due May 2014

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to &BabyMakes4 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (20-03-2013),The Stork  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by &BabyMakes3 View Post
    The Birth Of Lucas Taylor

On the 5th of November i noticed only one movement from bubs but didnt think anything of it. the next day i was counting movements and i didnt feel any for the whole day so i went in for monitoring. after 5 mins searching for a heartbeat they found it and i was reassured that everything was ok..

over the next couple of days i was in and out of hospital for monitoring and after the 5th day of monitoring the hospital kept me in all day with nurses sitting by the bed for hours trying to feel movements.

i overheard the doctors talking about inducing me but wasnt sure if i heard correctly so i didnt speak up.. at 8pm that night a nurse came in and explained what was going to happen and that someone will be in to put in the cervidil..

the cervidil was put in at 9pm on the 10/11/10 and i was told the induction procedure would start at 6am the next day....

my waters were broken at 6am on the 11/11/10 and i was having contractions instantly lasting a minute about 1 minute apart. i went through 4 hours of strong contractions before i even tried the gas.. after using it through two contractions i ended up vomiting so i didnt use it anymore i continued my labour with contractions getting worse and at 1pm i gave in to the pain and asked for an epidural..

within the hour i had the epidural and from 2pm i was calm and friendly.. over the next couple of hours lucas' heart rate started to become erratic and i needed internal monitoring. lucas was facing upwards and needed to turn so they came back to check after and hour an he had turned to the right position so the first scalp monitor was removed and a second was placed on his poor head..

his heart rate did not improve at all and started to drop dramatically low so i was checked at 6.30pm to see how far i had dialated after 12 hours of labour and i had only made it to 4cm. the decision was made for lucas' safety to have an emergency c section.

the rest all happened so fast and at 7.24pm on the 11/11/10 Lucas Taylor was born
    Weight 8 pound 1 ounce
    Length 52 cm
    Head Circ 35.5cm

i was in recovery for two hours and didnt get to meet my son till 9.30 but it was worth the wait my little boy is absolutely beautiful and puts a smile on my face each and every single day...
    Hi! Thanks for submitting this story! Just wanted to let you know that it is now live in our Birth Story blog: http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...-lucas-taylor/

The 4YO The 2YO The Baby and me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

&BabyMakes4  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing! I will write mine up soon
    Me, DH and our two girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the 4th of March at 40+1 days, I was over being pregnant.

I decided to try taking Evening Primrose Oil tablets, 2 ever 4 hours throughout the day, and then inserted 4 vaginally that night. I was determined to get my baby out!

At 2am on the 5th of March 2013, I went to the loo (every 2 hours as usual!) and while wiping myself, I 'peed' on my hand..

Very confused and thinking it might just be oil from the EPO tablets, I kept wiping. To find more liquid was coming out. I popped on a pad and called the midwife.

Halfway through explaining why on earth anyone would put EPO tablets up there, I laughed and a huge gush of my waters came out.

The midwife wanted to know the colour of the waters, and to my disappointment, I had to inform my midwife they were yellow/green. The baby had pooped in me

Once we got to hospital, I was informed that no part of my birth wishes was possible (delayed cord clamping, little to no interventions) as I needed my labour to be augmented with hormones to get my labour happening as quickly as possible.

Within an hour, I was high on gas, and unable to time the gas with when the contractions were occurring. I requested an epi.

Clear headed with the epi, and fully dilated by 10am the same day, I was told to start pushing at 11am.

After 2 hours of being unable to push my son out, the doctors decided to help with the vacuum. A cut had to be made to assist, however my son's shoulders tore me to a 3a degree tear.

Not 5 mins later, I was holding Connor in my arms, weighing a healthy 4.42kg's!

My first comment? 'His ugly!'

While gazing at my new born, the doctor and a trainee began to encourage my placenta out. Once this was done, all hell seemed to break loose.

The small birthing room filled with what seemed to be near 20 people. I could hear the doctors repeating 'I don't know where the bleeding is coming from'.

I found out later, due to the extended pushing, large baby and a piece of retained membrane, I had lost 2.2 liters of blood.

Once the bleed had been stopped, the room emptied and I was sewn back up and then left in peace with my BF and brand new baby.

While it was a traumatic birth, it was so so worth it. I love my little man with all my heart, and if that's the way he needed to enter the world, then so be it!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (21-06-2013)