Hi All,

I am the mum of 2 and a half year old twins. They were conceived naturally and the birth was vaginal. The major complication I had was something called HELLP synrome. I lost over 2 litres of blood during delivery, apparently from my kidney/liver. I had extremely high blood pressure. The babies were very healthy, no oxygen etc. They stayed in hospital for just over 3 weeks until they were full term.
Here is my problem. I have but have finally found a lady gyno who LISTENS I have had vaginal discharge for nearly 12 months now, it is red or brown and occasionally almost black. Recently I have bright red blood when I have pee or have a bowel movement and the blood definately comes from my vagina.
In summary, I have no infections, my [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]ovaries[/COLOR][/COLOR] appear normal although they contain small cysts. Pap smears are normal. They have made sure the blood is not coming from my bladder.
My first appointment with the new gyno was 2 weeks ago and to my pure delight she looked further than my [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]cervix[/COLOR][/COLOR] and found blood from a swap she took of my uterus. May sound strange to some but I cried happy tears because the other 2 gyno's I had been to had told me I had a 'beautiful cervix' and brushed me off.

The resluts from the uterine swab came back normal. She has booked me in for a Hysteroscopy. I have been put on a semi-urgent wait list so within 3 months I should have this procedure. Of course she cannot speculate on what she might find but I am interested if anyone else has had similar symptoms. She has also suggested she insert a Mirena as she wants me off the pill. I am 40 this month and will not be having anymore children so I may suggest having my tubes tied.
My periods are all over the place, for over 20 years they have been like clock work but now I will bleed for 1 or 2 days then stop for 1 day, then start again. The gyno said it may be hormonal, hence why she wants to insert a Mirena. If this was a hormonal problem why when I came off the pill for 3 months did the bleeding not stop.
The fact that since I saw the gyno I bleed EVERY time I go to the toilet is really messing with my emotions.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.