+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Loosing 5kg...

Any tips anyone has? I'm currently going through ivf and this is how much I've put on since we started. Not a great deal but I'm not feeling comfortable in my own skin. Plus I don't want this to creep further up as time goes on. Problem is I've been advised to have full fat dairy, no artificial sugars and can't do strenuous excercise (eg low impact such as walking ect is still fine and I do this 5-6days a week). Was thinking dukan diet?? Is this safe while ttc?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Capri, I don't know what the Dukan diet it, but maybe you could try to up the protein and reduce the carbs?

Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think Dukan would be good for ivf. I'm doing it at the moment and you can't have any full fat and the first phase is pure protein only then alternating between pure protein and veg/protein days. Id be concerned at not getting a good amount of nutrients. It really is only a short term fix I think. I'd make sure you're eating from all food groups, no sugar and complex carbs such as whole grains.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey according to the dukan diet book it is fine to be on the dukan diet during pregnancy. Your not limiting how much you eat so you get plenty of the nutrients you need due to being allowed to eat as much meat eggs yoghurt and cottage cheese as you want in the fasting period which is only roughly 7 days then after that you alternate days of veg and meat one day and only meat etc the next. Goodluck though because I didn't lose any weight on the fasting period which is the hardest part and app. The time when you will drop the most weight in a short time and yes I did stick to it even though I hate meat. I guess it's just not for me lol