+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Buying a caravan... Need help

We saw a caravan for sale only $5000 so perfect in our price and its what we been looking for.

So how does it work? Like buying a car you get a mechanic check over.
    Do you do this for a caravan?
    He has a gas/safety certificate. Does this mean the caravan is in good condition and road worthy?

Need some tips/advice on what to do about buying a caravan in QLD through a private seller

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would visit some caravan websites. I will be buying a caravan in about 3months time (probably new though) and I have heard there are certain things to check for when buying a second hand one. Maybe search Oz Nomad Forum or Australian Explorer- that's just 2 sites. There's heaps of others. Or even ring the RAQ/RTA and ask their advice on what to look at/for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it registered? Ask the seller where/when they used it? Why are they selling?
    Ask to see the break ligts, fridge on etc. If the table changes to a bed get them to show you.
    My parents have bought and sold caravans for past 10 years and never had any problems.

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Similar Threads

1. Caravan places around Brisbane
    By onelasttime in forum Destination Suggestions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 14:38
  2. Stamp duty on caravan???
    By onelasttime in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-04-2012, 12:16
  3. buying a car...what to ask?
    By rainbow road in forum General Chat