+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    That my once perky full boobs would become flapping socks ... I wish I'd worked my cleavage a bit before hand... Lol - not helpful I know
    Me too lol

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That your stomach will be a gaping hole for a bit after having the baby. I got home from hospital and hoped into the shower and laid back in the bath (one of those showers with the bath combined) and took a nice deeeep relaxing breath. As I breathed out, my stomach relaxed and properly caved in.....FREAKED, ME, OUT! Was not expecting that hahaha So yeah....not really a tip, more of a warning hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    That your stomach will be a gaping hole for a bit after having the baby. I got home from hospital and hoped into the shower and laid back in the bath (one of those showers with the bath combined) and took a nice deeeep relaxing breath. As I breathed out, my stomach relaxed and properly caved in.....FREAKED, ME, OUT! Was not expecting that hahaha So yeah....not really a tip, more of a warning hahaha
    And similarly, that not all women's stomachs go back to even close to pre pre size.. I looked 6 months pregnant for months after bub was born and felt like I must be the only one.. I soon discovered some ppl are very lucky and their stomach springs straight back.. Some don't :-)

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fact that babies sleep all the time is a total myth lol I enrolled in study and thought I could study during my time off as thought I'd be bored, then I had a baby who slept 'up to' 20mins at a time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    That there is no right and wrong. I wasted so much time obsessing with my first child about the "right" thing to do. He was crying. What was the "right" thing to do? He woke up earlier than he should have. What was the "right" thing to do? He was fussy and I needed to get dinner cooked. What was the "right" thing to do? It was such a waste of my time and I never did get the answers! Do what's right for you!
    This!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first is a week old today and I would have liked to know that you really don't need to buy everything before bub is born. If shes plsnning on buying nappies before bub is born, Remind her that 2 boxes of newborn nappies should be an adequate amount and you probably won't need much more.

Learning to swaddle before bub arrived would have been a good idea, my skills were so poor he would get his arms out within seconds of me doing it.

Finally I think the last thing I would have wanted to know was that everything does come naturally, that it will take a few attempts to work out what is upsetting your baby and to give everything time. Also to be confident in her ability to care for her child, if she stresses or is nervous it will only make bub restless and harder to settle. Mum always knows best, even if Gran is sitting next to you telling you to do something else.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Snugglemuffin For This Useful Post:

Ali19  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    That mummies don't get sick days I would have loved to call in sick the past 4 days lol
    No sick days, no weekends, no annual leave!!!

I wish I knew that any "holidays" would just mean picking up my normal routine and to-do list and moving it to a different location!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breastfeeding!
    I wish I researched bf more and maybe even got more support where it was available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many great things mentioned!
    I'll add a few.
    - tens machine and bath(not together lol) were amazing during labour
    - you may not form an instant love/attachment for your bub like in all the movies, and it's normal!
    - lansinoh and hydrogel breast discs are a lifesaver in those first few days.
    - not all babies like to be wrapped or swaddled, I wish I'd known about the love to dream swaddle before.
    - some days babies just want to cry (try to look on the bright side, they are strengthening their lungs) and its ok to cry with them and not know what to do. Take 5 mins to yourself, have a cuppa or a shower. They can fed off your mood, if your stressed they will too. Or call someone and have a chat to calm yourself down. And think 'this too shall pass'. Because the moment they finally fall asleep in your arms you will have forgotten what happened 30 seconds ago(even if they'd been crying for hours).
    - boys always know when the perfect time to pee is. So always have a cloth wipe handy to cover during changes.
    - get a wrap/carrier (sleepy wrap for example) I don't know what I'd do without it. For all those arvos when your trying to get dinner organized or do the washing but bub wants a cuddle you can do both!
    - babies don't know how to be manipulative, enjoy all those cuddles while you can.
    - don't always take what your chn says as law. They tend to make you stress over nothing. And if you don't like your local nurse you can change to another!
    - just because people tell you to sleep when they do, doesn't mean you can! You somehow cope on little to no sleep.
    - try to spend a few mins (or more if possible) just cuddling / talking to your DP. You'll both be grateful for it and it can make you feel heaps better.
    - babies don't need much but an electric cradle swing can be great!
    - don't feel guilty to put your foot down or stand up for what you want when it comes to friends and family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessca View Post
    - don't feel guilty to put your foot down or stand up for what you want when it comes to friends and family.
    ^^^^

Omg yes!!! Stand your ground!

If baby is sleeping DO NOT TOUCH just because they want a cuddle because if baby gets woken up and passed around like a football its mum and dad that have to deal with an unsettled baby later!

Your baby.. Your rules!!!