+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cherish sleeping in and going out for dinner child free before bubs comes.

Enjoy motherhood and try to never compare; every baby is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    The wonder weeks. 'Nuff said.
    What are wonder weeks? I have read something about them before but didn't know what it meant?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alphabetsoup For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    -Do what works for you. Just because apparently something works for this mysterious "everyone" doesn't mean a thing, they are not you.

-Just when you think bub has got a routine, they will change it on you lol when they get a growth spurt or wonder week...

-Remember you are a person too & if possible, take some time for yourself - even if it is just 5mins for a hot shower or curling up with a book. And take some time before bub arrives too for a special evening or outing with partner/friends/family or yourself!

-Those days when bub falls asleep on you & you can't move are great...doesn't happen as much later on so just sit & enjoy your snuggles with the little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Strangers DO feel entitled to touch your baby. If it bothers you, get one of those shades for the prams and tell everyone there is no baby in there and do they hear the wasps.

Sleep in NOW. Even if you aren't tired. Stay in that bed. Browse BH if you must but stay in the bed. You won't see it much if your baby is one that DEMANDS to be walked around til they fall asleep and then wakes the minute you get back to your bed.

Freeze some easy dinner meals in microwave containers. Much easier to chuck them in with one hand while you attend to that baby I mentioned previously that doesn't enjoy being without you.

Those little travel pack wipes are awesome to have in rooms of the house you frequent. Easier than going back to wherever the main wipes are when things happen. (Like you spill that previously mentioned dinner in the babies hair.. don't worry it wasn't hot.)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Kyls  (13-04-2012),louP  (14-04-2012),Tatiana28  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "The Baby Blues"

I think it's a combination of hormones, sleep deprivation and generally being a little overwhelmed.
    I had this with every baby (4 so far) around the time my milk came in and I've learnt to just have a good cry and not feel guilty.
    It's all very emotional in the beginning and I think we need to not try and live up to 'expectations' of what having a new baby is like. Be lazy (as much as possible) and just enjoy the new baby. Everything else can wait

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5thbubontheway For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (13-04-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    That pushing a baby out is easy compared to breastfeeding (for some).

That due dates are a guess and only a teeny percentage of babies arrive on their due date so forget that date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    THA breastfeeding IS hard it DOES take work, sleepless nights but once they're off being there own person past the age of 2 you miss those times... They grow up too too too fast!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Take people's "advice" with a grain of salt. You are the baby's mother, not them. Your baby's cues will help you work out what he needs, not some random stranger or relative who tells you he needs a dummy.

That it's not a bad thing to need help from the baby's father. That's why he's the father. I was always too nervous to ask for a nap/food/whatever from my son's dad and it was much to my own detriment. I was very overwhelmed very quickly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy that time when they are a tiny newborn and you can go anywhere and they will sleep! Oh how I miss dinner with DH when DS was tiny, he'd be in his pjs sleeping in his pram whilst we enjoyed dinner.. now hes busy screaming for whatevers on my plate and being a general grub!

You know YOUR baby. Seeking advice is great, but also trust your instincts.

Help is ok! If someone wants to make you dinner say yes! Same goes for wanting to fold your washing, do your dishes! let them!!

Your baby may wont be like any one elses! My baby did sleep thru, some do.. some dont. Its easier to expect nothing and just take it as it comes. That way you will be pleasantly surprised when something good happens and not be bitterly disappointed when it doesnt turn out how you think, or how someone has told you, it should be!

Buy yourself lots of tops you can breastfeed in! I was all for breastfeeding but apart from lazing around at home I really had nothing 'nice' to wear when I went out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    - Be prepared for things not to go as you plan

- BF is hard and takes some practice but don't be afraid to ask for help and try different things if you need to (be it positions or using shields etc).

- everyone will have an opinion on how to look after your baby.. Ignore most of them and trust your own instincts

- sleeping on the couch with your bub on your chest at lunchtime is a great thing.. I don't care what anyone says!

- that if you have a girl in the first few days there will be some blood in her nappy... It's normal!!! (honestly why wouldn't someone warn me??)

- def have some meals pre prepared coz some babies decide that the perfect time to be unsettled is from 5pm-9pm.. Dinner time for mum!

- take it one day at a timeask.. for help if you need it.. And it's ok to need to take a minute or five a day to yourself just to keep your sanity.. Have a shower and play some music while you're in there and just relax!! You need to look after yourself in order to look after your bub