+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help!! Roacutane users.

I'm hoping somebody can help me. Today I've just started taking roacutane and I've been putting off buying new beauty products lately as I know my skin will become extremely dry while on this medication. I need to stock up so I'm wondering what products people have used while taking roacutane? I've bought cetaphil gentle cleanser and some garnier body lotion for extra dry skin but that's about as far as I've got. I'm also wondering about makeup. I'm considering buying Clinique Continues Coverage to help hide my acne scars but am unsure if this will suit my soon to be dry skin. Can anyone help?? What beauty/makeup product did you use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    when I was on them was told to use cetaphil only to wash my face, and use qv daily moisturiser with the SPF in it, chemist warehouse usually have it cheaper than Priceline. I loved it and have continued using and I've been off the tablets for 3 years now.

Body moisturisers with perfume burned my skin, unfortunately you just have to keep trying different brands until you find one that you like/ doesn't hurt you. Nivea lipgloss was the ONLY thing that helped with chapped lips. and make up honestly was pointless, it just makes any brake out look worse. no matter what you try. it's also best for your skin to breathe whilst on the tablets.

taking those tablets was the best thing I ever did! regardless of any side effects, they are just temporary.

I was worried I'd have a skin break out with my current pregnancy but I've had noting at all on my face, just 2 on my chest.

Good luck and I hope the product recommendations help

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was on them years ago (as a teenager) and yeah, they make your skin pretty sensitive, so I'd go for something hypo allergenic for sensitive skin, and perhaps with a low spf, as your skin gets quite sensitive to the sun as well.

I can't recommend brands at all, I've never worn makeup.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your help. Really starting to feel the dryness today and its only day 3. My chemist told me I won't stay this dry to whole time im on the medication. It's will work its way they my system. Did you have the same experience or was it pretty much bad the whole time you were on roacutane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savanah rae View Post
    Thanks for your help. Really starting to feel the dryness today and its only day 3. My chemist told me I won't stay this dry to whole time im on the medication. It's will work its way they my system. Did you have the same experience or was it pretty much bad the whole time you were on roacutane?
    I took roaccutane for 18 months and my skin was dry the whole time (eyes, mouth and vjayjay too). Cetaphil is great and any fragrance free SPF moisturiser will work well. Nothing too thick though or it will clog your skin. I was on it 6 years ago so there wasn't much option for make up back then but yuva mineral powder make up is great, you can build up layers to increase the coverage. I'm ttc at the moment but once I'm done with babies I'm going back on roaccutane. Unless you have deep pitted scars, they will fade over time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been on roaccutane twice the last time would have had to been about 6 or 7 yrs ago. The moisturiser I found that worked the best was deffinetly QV cream and I still use it to this day. Their lip balm is also really good as well.

My skin was dry the whole time I was on it including my lips they just used to peel all the time nd I also got really dry eyes too.

One thing I cannot stress enough though is that it makes you super sensitive to the sun!! I was in the sun for 30 mins on an overcast day and got severelly sunburnt on my face. I couldn't work for a week because of it and had to use burn cream on my nose it was that bad!!