+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Please remember, even vinegar and carb are still "chemicals" just less toxic than supermarket cleaners.

When mopping, 1/2 cup of vinegar in about 5 liters of water - or use Enjo

I use borax for the toilet with a dash of tea tree oil, and I now use mostly Enjo for everything else.

A great website is Shannon Lush - she uses less toxic ways to do EVERYTHING!

The biggest hint I got from Shannon Lush recently was to use 1/3 of the amount of recommended clothes detergeant and add bicarb to the wash cycle of the washing machine, and then 1/4 cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nature direct.
    And norwex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    With mopping, doesn't the house stink of vinegar afterwards or am I doing something wrong? I use 50/50.
    I have come to love the smell of vinegar because I know my floors are nice an clean. Loser, I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Please remember, even vinegar and carb are still "chemicals" just less toxic than supermarket cleaners.

When mopping, 1/2 cup of vinegar in about 5 liters of water - or use Enjo

I use borax for the toilet with a dash of tea tree oil, and I now use mostly Enjo for everything else.

A great website is Shannon Lush - she uses less toxic ways to do EVERYTHING!

The biggest hint I got from Shannon Lush recently was to use 1/3 of the amount of recommended clothes detergeant and add bicarb to the wash cycle of the washing machine, and then 1/4 cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle.
    Thanx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    With mopping, doesn't the house stink of vinegar afterwards or am I doing something wrong? I use 50/50.
    I use straight vinegar to clean my bathroom and I LOOOOOVE the smell!!!! To me it smells clean and fresh. Straight vinegar for the kitchen sink and benches too. 50/50 for the floors.

Milky mumma since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use vinegar and tee tree oil for all my floorboards. And wiping.

Straight vinegar for benches.

I use vinegar and bicarb (make a paste) for everything in the bathroom and the oven.

I found this recipe for soap but never made it because it contains palm oil. I have been meaning to look for another though.

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/so...strecipe_2.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    This site is awesome too.

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/recipe-index

The cleaning things are right at the bottom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use bicarb, vinegar and tea tree oil for most things - as a lot of people have said.

For toiletries you can buy more natural products at health food stores - i can't recommend any though.
    I can recommend an alternative to the aluminum deodorants - bicarb. Seriously, just mix a small amount with some water so it makes a paste and wipe under arms. I have tried several natural deodorants but bicarbs works the best. It really stops odour, it doesn't stop sweating so i will still wear the aluminum deodorant if i'm in a high stress situation or it's boiling hot and i don't want to be too sweaty - otherwise it's bicarb. I get a horrible rash if i wear aluminum deodorant too often so bicarb is my saviour. Try it and be amazed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you so much for all your replies and tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Eliminating cleaning chemicals from the house

Subbing