+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Limited hours centres are usually cheaper. We have a couple. My friend uses one for her youngest who starts Prep next year. Being the youngest of 6, she felt lost when the next one up went to Prep this year. It costs her $11 per session. Sessions are 3 hours long, with a limit of 2 per week. They are 8.30 to 11.30 or 12 to 3. They are on minimal CCB and no rebate. She goes to the morning session twice a week and loves it! Childcare in long daycare would be over $50/day for them, so it's an affordable option.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks, will check if we have anything like that around here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Enroll in an online course that you can do at your leisure and you will be entititled to 50% rebate regardless of family income. There is no minimum hours at work or study for the rebate just that you have a commitment. I started my course when ds was born. He's pushing 3 now and never had any problems with getting the rebate. I think most people would do the course in 6months to a year but I'm a mum to 2 kids- even with 2 days in daycare I'd struggle to finish the course any faster!