+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Grovia - leaking through the night?

Hi everyone!
    I have a DS who is 6 weeks old and I have been using the Grovia Hybrid MCN. So far they have been fantastic except they have started leaking through the night... I put 2 boosters in last night and he still ended up soaked!

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? I don't really want to use disposables of a night...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't help but am subscribing. I use cloth all day and a disposable at night but would like to not use disposables at all.

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Grovias too, but only during the day. My 6 month old is a heavy wetter and they wouldn't be absorbent enough for her at night.

Assuming you are using the standard one size ones, and not the newborn ones? If you are using the newborn ones you could try the bigger ones.

Otherwise you can get night nappies, which are specifically for nighttime. I am trying out a few at the moment, but I haven't yet found a system that works for us, so most of the time it's still sposies at nght here. I've tried Bnnibuns nght nappy, which was too wet the next morning next to her skin, and am waiting on a sandman night napy to try. There are some good threads here on night nappies if you search the forum and google, in particular in the blog section by The Crunchy Mum. They will give you some ideas of night systems to try.

Good luck!
    Last edited by rosycheeks; 13-04-2012 at 08:13. Reason: posted too quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    and sorry I did not mean to put a on the end of my post. It's just virtually impossible to edit text at the end of my posts, on my tablet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies!

Just to update... I went and purchased some "dry wave" disposables and he wet through them as well

I think I might try putting a grovia soaker into the disposable tonight!

Arrgg! There has got to be a better way! 2 pj/swaddle an blanket changes a night aren't fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're using disposables could you go one size up for more absorbency?

I will update on my new night nappy when it arrives and we test it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The disposables I got are already pretty big I think any bigger would be too big... I've just put him to bed in a disposable with a soaker in... I'll let you know how I go in the morning!

I'm looking forward to hearing how you went

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I tried the soaker in the disposable night before last and he still leaked... But it was prob because the back do the soaker is leakproof... So the disposable was still dry.

So last night I put 2 boosters into a disposable... That didn't work either...

So frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we had some success finally last night!!

We have been using the old school cloth nappies as burp cloths, I cut one of those in half and folded one half into a disposable...
    I put it on him at about 12.30 last night and his clothes stayed dry all night! Finally some relief from washing!