+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just have the basic DiorShow Blackout and it has been amazing. No clumsiness and hasnt dried up after 5 months of daily use. I am going to have to chuck it because of hygiene reasons but have never had a mascara last that long and still look good.

My friend swears by the Iconic one. Apparently is curls and exaggerates each lash. I've never tried it though.

I bought mine in Vegas. It's half the price. I think I will have to Strawberrynet my next lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It changes, but currently loving:

Elizabeth Arden serum/ primer.

Napoleon liquid foundation (also use MAC).

Napoleon Paparazzi Ready powder foundation (brush it all over after foundation & concealers to give flawless base).

YSL Touche Eclat under eyes.

Elizabeth Arden brow pencil.

Napoleon or Lancome eyeshadows.

Lancome Hypnose mascara (gives really big curly lashes).

MAC powder blusher.

Lancome lipstick that stays on all day (I get a red one, and then throughout the day use red Nivea lip shine stick over the top, and lips stay nice and red all day).

Revlon or OPI nailpolish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Professional make-up brands, IMO, are generally better than those you can just duck down the shops and buy.

We're using Youngblood at the moment (doing a Beauty Therapy course) and it's really quite good. I was skeptical because I wasn't particularly interested in mineral make-up, but some of the products are amazing.

I know I will get shot too, but I hate Napoleon foundations. They do nothing for me, and they look terrible on my skin. Their colours are highly pigmented so good though. I'm not a fan of their lipstick.

I think so long as you get a good base and mascara, the rest you can do really cheaply.

Good brushes are a good idea too. Generally animal-haired brushes are the best... but I find them a bit icky, to know that some animal was killed so I could use its hair in a make-up brush. It just doesn't seem ethical to me when there are alternatives available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't like Napoleon foundations either. They're not that great. China Doll has a heavy yellow base. The others are too watery.

Has anybody ever heard or used Kryolan products????????

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh man i dropped $175 on napoleon yesty inc china doll its the only one i havent used yet if i dont like it ill be giving up on napoleon bases forever!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    oh man i dropped $175 on napoleon yesty inc china doll its the only one i havent used yet if i dont like it ill be giving up on napoleon bases forever!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    It might just work for you.. Who knows. You have to work quick with it. Pop it on your skin bit by bit because it sets quickly in your skin.
    It's got a yellow base and it's not the best for oily skin.. Even though they say it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have a friend who loves Napoleon, so you may love it PG!

I'm with SS though... I've got an oily/combination skin and am pink-based... and Napoleon seems to think I should be all olive and tanned and such... so it looks like a caked-on yellow crap has been smeared onto my skin... and it gets kind of cracked looking after an hour or so. It looks gross. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the nude by nature primer, mineral powder, finishing veil and bronzer.
    The maybelline long lash mascara-the new brush is fantastic!
    Napoleon or Estée Lauder eyeshadow, artistry eye liner and chi chi or natio lip gloss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    urban decay's eye shadows are to die for. <3 and of course BH cosmetics too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ellanora For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya, I'm a qualified MUA and beauty therapist. (I'm just commented on a similar thread, so apologies if I repeat myself)
    I use two brands MAC and Arbonne. (i use mac studio fix foundation if a high coverage is needed) and everything else I use is now the Arbonne cosmetics!
    Arbonne primer is lovely (so silky smooth!) and has just won an award so I'm super pleased!

Tbh everyone through I was a nutter swapping from mac to Arbonne hehe, but its been great, everyone who's has make up done has loved it have had glowing results... maybe is just my skills hehe jks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to perthmumm For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (31-07-2012)