+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QUOTE=DarkCherry;6499425]Oh my goodness, I'm so freaking excited!

Babyla- why'd you stop doing it? Maybe you could keep doing it here and there? It's great that you're doing your friends wedding. It'll get you back in the groove.
    Oh man, I'd love to do drag makeup! That would have been so much fun.
    What's finishing spray? Wow, I have so much to learn.
    I was thinking of doing a day course in airbrushing. Would you recommend it? Is it worth learning and is it expensive to buy the gun and what not?
    I hope you don't mind me asking you so many questions. Tell me to shutup if you do.

[QUOTE]

It was what I did between studying but definitely a love! Especially the dramatic stuff like drag!
    Finishing spray is just what you use to set the make up, even plain water will do it especially if you've used powders/shadows etc. I've never done an airbrushing course.. But I'd like to I think do it, that's where you learn lots of tricks that can save you lots of time and product. Gun is about $200 + extras, you need to buy their makeup for it. If this is what your doing professionally then I'd get one, gives you an advantage when booking clients I reckon. Are you studying? What are your career plans/aspirations?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me... It was the first brand of mascara I ever used. Ive tried a few others but keep returning back to Dior. I get good volume (I have longish lashes. Didnt really work for my friend though who has shorter lashes) and it looks like I have false lashes on but I take my time with applying mascara. I curl my lashes first too which helps heaps.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heartjb For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It was what I did between studying but definitely a love! Especially the dramatic stuff like drag!
    Finishing spray is just what you use to set the make up, even plain water will do it especially if you've used powders/shadows etc. I've never done an airbrushing course.. But I'd like to I think do it, that's where you learn lots of tricks that can save you lots of time and product. Gun is about $200 + extras, you need to buy their makeup for it. If this is what your doing professionally then I'd get one, gives you an advantage when booking clients I reckon. Are you studying? What are your career plans/aspirations?
    Ahhhh yes. I normally use hair spray lol It's what I was taught in TAFE years ago and I've had a makeup artist use it on me on my wedding day. I might steer clear from using hairspray on clients though. It's not the most pleasant thing to have sprayed on your face. Oh that sounds so dirty lol
    I'm definitely going to look into an airbrushing course once I'm done. I know Cameron Jane does a 1 day course so I might take on her one.
    The course I'm doing now is bridal, fashion and glamour. I'd really like to go on and finish a diploma and move into the entertainment industry. But for now, it'll be bridal and special events because DS is still young and we're planning on having another.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartjb View Post
    For me... It was the first brand of mascara I ever used. Ive tried a few others but keep returning back to Dior. I get good volume (I have longish lashes. Didnt really work for my friend though who has shorter lashes) and it looks like I have false lashes on but I take my time with applying mascara. I curl my lashes first too which helps heaps.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I hate you. DH said to me the other day "did you trim your eyelashes?" He finally noticed how short my eyelashes are = (

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    Ahhhh yes. I normally use hair spray lol It's what I was taught in TAFE years ago and I've had a makeup artist use it on me on my wedding day. I might steer clear from using hairspray on clients though. It's not the most pleasant thing to have sprayed on your face. Oh that sounds so dirty lol
    I'm definitely going to look into an airbrushing course once I'm done. I know Cameron Jane does a 1 day course so I might take on her one.
    The course I'm doing now is bridal, fashion and glamour. I'd really like to go on and finish a diploma and move into the entertainment industry. But for now, it'll be bridal and special events because DS is still young and we're planning on having another.
    Offering to work on student films is a great way to build a portfolio and move into the entertainment industry. Film schools etc are always looking for make up artists to work, usually for nothing but great experience
    Good luck!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I like youngblood mineral products. Have never been able to find a mascara as good as the old maybelline in the pink and green tube. I'm certainly no expert, but prefer natural-looking make up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dior Mascara is worth the extra money. It's the only mascara I've used that doesn't go lumpy... ever... and it legitimately addes volume and legnth.

MAC Studiofix foundation is my fav because I have uneven freckly skin and it provides matt coverage that evens my skin out, without feeling thick.

I love MAC's kohl black eyeliner too because it can look liquidy or light, depending on the application AND it can actually sharpen without breaking off or leaving chunks of wood to get in your eye afterwards!

I like the packs of Revlon eye shadows (brown eyes and green eyes).

I like Revlon lipsticks too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MMelissa For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Offering to work on student films is a great way to build a portfolio and move into the entertainment industry. Film schools etc are always looking for make up artists to work, usually for nothing but great experience
    Good luck!!
    My friend volunteers for a modeling company and has asked me to hop on board once I've finished the makeup course. They use volunteer models, makeup artists, stylists and photographers. It's not paid work but they help build your portfolio, so I'll definitely be looking into that. I'd also like to volunteer in Look Good... Feel Better.
    Thank you so much for all your help. You've been awesome! I really appreciate it = )
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash here but the ladies who love the dior mascara, any particular one or are they all fab?