+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Ex make up artist. Clarins beauty flash balm!!! Excellent brushes, Napoleon are excellent. Giorgio Armani mascara is awesome!
    Oooo tell me more, tell me more.
    Why did you stop? What did you think of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I loved it! Still do. Actually doing my friends wedding make up this month I have it up after I finished uni. I got a dinair air brush gun which is good for all day makeup for formal
    stuff, gives a great finish. The best brushes I've used are real hair and they last ages, wash them using your own shampoo/conditioner. Finishing sprays are good to give that dewy look too, I'd normally just use a water with essential oil. It's lots of fun! I've worked with lots of drag queens which has been awesome, you learn loads from a dude wearing make up! I think I miss it
    Last edited by babyla; 12-04-2012 at 21:27.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Armani foundation is one of my favourite foundations on days where I need a bit more coverage. Great finish and not cakey.
    Otherwise my everyday foundation is MeowCosmetics mineral makeup

Some of the best blushers are Nars ones because they are very pigmented so a little goes a long way.
    Although the blush I've been using a lot recently is my cheapie Milani blush.

For eyeliner I'm a fan of the Maybelline Masterliner.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use MAC.

I love their tinted moisturizer, and their pressed powder (can't remember what it's called, but it is the only that literally just sets your makeup with no actual extra coverage from the powder itself).

I find the tinted moisturizer set with that powder lasts all day very easily. The mascara and eyeliners are also very good, however I find that by the end of the day they are sometimes less intense than when I applied them in the morning.

I don't really use blush or lipstick, so no comments on those!

HTH, and good luck with your studies!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bobbi Brown definietly has great products Dark Cherry, Highly recommend!
    With the napolean foundation, which products did you use? I have the NP "it takes two" concealer and foundation as well as the parasella powder foundation and NP auto pilot primer, I usually do primer and then concealer, foundation then powder and I find it stays pretty well, mind you this is only on nights out or when I want my makeup looking perfect, it's to much work for every day wear. I find the Loreal roll on foundation good for an easy to apply foundation and it has really good coverage, but usually I just wear a tinted moistriser.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Lancôme foundation and mascara, although during the week I wear Clinique mascara as I find it much easier and quicker to wash off.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I quite like YSL "touché éclat" concealer but it is too pricey for my budget at the moment.

I used to buy Lancome's "T.Controle Instant Matifier" on my shiny nose and it worked wonders.

Have not really splurged on any make-up lately, though. I'm going for the pale, exhausted look at the moment, it's quite becoming!
    Last edited by MuminMind; 12-04-2012 at 22:02.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love and generally only ever use Este Lauder now. Its great coverage and very light. Love it. Pretty expensive though. You can however get them on special sometimes in a pack. I think some just cam on special recently but usually christmas time.

Perfume I love Dior, Versace and Bekham.
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 12-04-2012 at 22:01.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    I quite like YSL "touché eclat concealer but it is too pricey for my budget at the moment.

I used to buy Lancome's "T.Controle Instant Matifier" on my shiny nose and it worked wonders.

Have not really splurged on any make-up lately, though. I'm going for the pale, exhausted look at the moment, it's quite becoming!
    Haha I have that look too! Pale and
    exhausted - it's the new black

17. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness, I'm so freaking excited!

Babyla- why'd you stop doing it? Maybe you could keep doing it here and there? It's great that you're doing your friends wedding. It'll get you back in the groove.
    Oh man, I'd love to do drag makeup! That would have been so much fun.
    What's finishing spray? Wow, I have so much to learn.
    I was thinking of doing a day course in airbrushing. Would you recommend it? Is it worth learning and is it expensive to buy the gun and what not?
    I hope you don't mind me asking you so many questions. Tell me to shutup if you do.

NatV- I'm definitely going to look into some of the Nars products. Thanks for that xx = )

Shoopuf- okay, I think MAC will be the way to go with foundations. I'll steer clear from the mascara and eyeliner. I might stick to the Napoleon eyeliners and mascaras. I went out on Saturday night and used the Napoleon gel liner and mascara and I went home looking like I had just walked out of my house. It stayed on and I didn't have panda eyes.

Milktini- I used the Napoleon primer, China Doll foundation followed by a mineral powder/primer that's supposed to set your foundation. I had to take a tiny foundation tube out with me on Saturday night to reapply it to my nose because it kept coming off. I have oily skin as well though, especially on my nose.

Justwant2beamummy- I didn't know Clinique had makeup products. Are they very... Light? More for the day?

MiM- makeover bake over in October. I'm going to make you look sooooo prettyful, even though you already are. I think you're gorgeous without makeup. You don't look washed out at all. You look fresh and youthful.

Thank you all so much guys. It means soooo much to me.
    If anybody has more to add, keep them coming baby! Xx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-04-2012)