+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starfish - My appointment went well with Prof V. Good news. I'm not in early menopause and my MRI scan showed stage 1 AS not like the original MRI scan which aparantly the report read stage 4 AS!!

Prof V said the first MRI was mis-read and the vascular blood flow would of been normal. He said he almost cancelled my hysteroscopy based on that first report but luckily went ahead only to find a different story!

I'm a little peeved off with the imaging people and I have requested copies of my reports and after Xmas I plan to write a letter to the Manager. Due to their mistake I had to have TWO MRI's and pay $500 TWICE!!! I'm requesting a discount at the very least (which is what I should of got in the first place!).

Prof V didn't charge me at my appointment today. He is such a lovely man
    Merry Xmas, Starffish to you and your DH and of course little bean xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see red, I see red, I see red!!!! AF is here and in full swing! So happy my body is back to normal. YAY YAY YAY!! Thank you starfish for all your support

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is no more reassuring sight to a woman who has had AS! Great news Helen Well done on continuing to ask the questions and not being put off by medicos who think they know your body better than you do.

Look forward to hearing your news of a successful transfer soon. When are you off to SA?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - I'm hoping to go over to SA in April, but it all depends on how I respond on the meds that suppress my high nk cells in the uterus. Otherwise it'll delay it a minimum of 6 weeks. It's such a long winded journey especially considering the mystery of my missing AF. Thank goodness that's in the past and I can finally move forward! How are you going in the pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wow, I have had numerous of these and have never ever been told of this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hokey Pokey, most women don't hear about Asherman's until they start researching it because their cycles have changed (usually period has stopped) or they get this diagnosis. Hence the title (and existence) of this thread

That's great Helen, one major hurdle down and I hope you cross the next one with ease. Will be closely following your next transfer and you on!

I am doing well, 17 weeks and have just had another scan today with OB. So far the placenta looks 'normal' which is a huge relief and because it is posterior I have been able to feel some movements already! Still pinching myself every day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Glad all is going well!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing this info; I'd like to know how true is it that women who do not bleed after the D&C are much more likely to develop Asherman's. Was this your case?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Know the risks of D&C's - Asherman's Syndrome

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skaty, I'm assuming your question is directed to me? There are other women here who have battled AS who might also share what their experience was like as might be different to mine.

I am not aware of any correlation between how much you might bleed immediately post D&C surgery and Asherman's, however one of the key indicators that scarring has occurred in the cervix or uterus is a change in your cycle. Particularly periods that are suddenly lighter or stop all together but you usually still get AF pain each month. There are also cases of women who have no change to their periods but this is less common.

I have had 2 D&C's post miscarriage. After the 1st one my cycle appeared to resume as normal and my lining also seemed to go back to an acceptable level. 6 months after this I lost another baby and had a 2nd D&C and my cycle has never been the same.

It started to get lighter each month, lasting less and less days and a lot more brown spotting than before. Because I was doing IVF I was having regular ultrasounds and the lining was 'all of a sudden' VERY thin when I had never had this problem before. I can't say whether this is the effect of D&C no. 2 only (as I suspect) or was a cumulative effect over time. Having read my story on page 1 you will already know that I had a very hard time getting my doctor to do any investigations and a lot of time was wasted and so about 12 months after the 2nd D&C my periods stopped altogether as the scarring had grown over my cervix closing the outflow tract.

I believe the amount of time which went past without any intervention allowed the scarring to grow more densely and also allowing my original doctor to perform a hysteroscopy (when he did not know how to appropriately deal with scarring and adhesions) contributed to the severe case of AS I developed.

I hope that is helpful in some way.