+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Starfish - Just a quick one. When did you have your diagnosis? Did Dr V come and see you after the operation or did you have to make an apointment to find out the results?
    Last edited by helenmac; 20-11-2012 at 19:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen, time permitting he usually speaks to all his patients after surgery. For my 1st op I was too out of it to take it all in and the only thing I remembered he said was Grade 4 (which I was devastated about at the time).

It made much more sense at the follow up appointment in his office when he could explain the MRI and surgery results together (and revised my diagnosis to Stage 3 bordering on 4) and what the implications were. Book the follow up meeting NOW for as soon after your surgery as possible. He also does not charge for the follow up meeting.

As I needed subsequent surgeries I also asked him to only speak to me once I was in 2nd stage recovery and my DH was with me, which he did the next couple of times and then at least I could check with DH what he'd heard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - Thanks very much for your advice and support. I'll be sure to call Dr. V's office today to book in the follow up appointment. I'll let you know how the MRI scan goes tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - The MRI scan went well. It was an interesting experience and such a noisy piece of machinery! They gave me a cd. Did you get one and did you have to bring it to the day of surgery? They told me Dr. V will get the report tomorrow. I'm really hoping there will be some blood flow in my uterus so we can rule out stage 5 AS!!

I've booked in my follow up apointment for 6th December, that was the next available appointment so fingers crossed Prof. V will come and see me after the op to give me some indication of what took place. I'll give you an update after the procedure next Tues. I'm pretty sure I'm the first one in the morning.

Hope all is well with you. Any MS yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a pretty weird and noisy experience isn't it Helen! However, you will have a lot more info about the vascularity of your uterus and a very good picture of what is happening with the uterine cavity and endometrium. I was given films and a disc which I gave to Prof V on the day of the surgery. Great to hear he will have your report tomorrow.

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday and hoping you get an answer for which there is a swift resolution.

I'm doing pretty well. 8 wks tomorrow and my main issue is just sheer exhaustion! In fact off to bed very soon!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hysteroscopy went well and it's the best possible outcome. There were no adhesions found in the uterus and just 1 in the cervix. So the diagnosis is Stage 1 Ashermans Syndrome!! I'm so relieved. This adhesion was removed and an adhesion gel applied.

Prof V said this may be the reason why I wasn't having a monthly withdrawal bleed with the adhesion blocking the outflow tract but he also said there could be a vascular problem with my uterus and he needs review my MRI scan report/images. I have no idea what he means but he said not to worry. I'll have more info at my follow up appointment on Thurs 6th December.

Oh I hope my AF returns in a couple of weeks and that I see a good full flow!!!

Thank you so much Starfish for your continued support. You are a absolute star. If you hadn't started this thread to raise awareness to your fellow bubhubbers I wouldn't of recieved the treatment I needed so swiftly and in the best possible care. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen, that is fantastic news and YOUR instincts were spot on! The success rate following treatment of Stage 1 AS is extremely high. Often we just know when things are not right with us and it is really easy to be deterred by your GP, FS or other medicos involved who mistakenly believe that adhesions are a very rare complication.

Keen to hear how your follow up appointment goes and this bodes really well for you being able to resume treatment and have a transfer very soon!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Starfish Yes that's right!!! I did have a feeling that it could be my cervix only and I mentioned it on Ashermans Australia forum.
    There was no point in me having the pelvic ultrasound after all!

I'll keep you posted on my follow up appointment with Dr. V.

How are you going in your pregnancy? Still tired I would imagine. Any sign of MS? I had hardly anything in the pregnancy with my DS just food adversions and felt full very quickly as my digestive system slowed down so frequent snacks made me feel better. Oh and the reflux! (but that was much later). I will be following your pregnancy right to the end Since our journey's have been so similar (but in reverse) I'm thinking you are having a GIRL!! (opposite of what I had! )

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Know the risks of D&C's - Asherman's Syndrome

Just wanted to say thanks to all you ladies who have been sharing. I just booked my appt with Dr V for Dec 20. I have so much more knowledge now and it helped me advocate for myself and get the referral direct from my GP.
    Thanks again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Since our journey's have been so similar (but in reverse) I'm thinking you are having a GIRL!! (opposite of what I had! )
    Helen, we'll see if you are right come early July (or earlier if we can't wait!) TBH, after such a long journey I honestly couldn't care less about the gender, will just be delighted with a healthy bubba. I AM exhausted!!! Really struggling at the end of each day with extreme tiredness and sleeping like a trooper. Like you I haven't been too pushed around by the MS as long as I eat regularly and keep it simple. We have our 1st OB appt Monday so looking forward to seeing lil bean again and being reassured all is progressing as it should.

MrsBtobe, Good Luck!!! So glad the thread has been helpful to you. Keep us posted.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 29-11-2012 at 13:22.