+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starf1sh View Post
    I'm going to say Congratulations Sally There's definitely hope. I carried my daughter to term on a very similar lining (approx 5.5mm). In fact mine has never been above 6mm since I acquired Asherman's 3-4 years ago. Have you had a blood test yet? Hoping this is your sticky bub
    Oh wow, that's the first time I read about anyone getting pregnant with a lining that thin, let alone carrying to term! I haven't had a blood test but I did two HPTs and the line was darker on the second day. I'm too scared to even hope right now. This is my third pregnancy in the space of a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally understand your hesitation I had 6 mc's all up and it certainly takes it toll. Thin linings are not uncommon for someone who has had Asherman's (which you may not even have!). Will be a good idea for your OB to keep a really close eye on your placental function and position given your history with D&C's anyway. All the best Sally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starf1sh View Post
    Totally understand your hesitation I had 6 mc's all up and it certainly takes it toll. Thin linings are not uncommon for someone who has had Asherman's (which you may not even have!). Will be a good idea for your OB to keep a really close eye on your placental function and position given your history with D&C's anyway. All the best Sally!
    I'm so sorry about you mcs. It's so tough. I'm already spotting, so I'm not really getting invested in this. It's so interesting that you mention placental function because my little boy, born at 22 weeks, had some undiagnosed severe growth restriction. We don't have the autopsy results yet and initially they were looking at genetic causes, but now finally seem to be looking at the placenta. I'm starting to wonder if my lining issue, whatever caused it, started earlier than I thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sally what an incredibly hard thing to go through, I'm so sorry As hard as it is I do hope you get some answers that will help you in the future. There is quite a bit of info on growth restriction and placental issues which can occur when you've had scar tissue in the uterus. Have copied the link here in case it is useful in any way http://www.ashermans.org/information...ms-and-causes/

Again spotting doesn't have to mean the end (had it for the 1st 6 weeks of my successful pregnancy). Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's now been 2 cycles since my hysteroscopy with Dr V and we started TTC last cycle. I did cycle tracking with my FS and I was even hopeful that I may have had a miracle as the cycle didn't end till day 32 when usually its between 25-27 days but to no avail woke up Saturday morning to see the bad news.

There is not much change in my flow, still very short, 3 days, and still very light to non existent. Really do not know what is going on with my body.

We are TTC again naturally this month while I go see a Cardiologist as my hysteroscopy didn't go as successful as I thought it had, apparently, my heart was under an intense amount of strain during the anaesthetic and procedure so FS doesn't want to touch me till I've had clearance.

Everyone says to stay positive but I hardly doubt this month will be any success so next month we will be starting IVF.

I wanted to ask all the ladies out there who have gone through the IVF process if they ever suffered from OHSS when injecting the hormones and what it was like, how it was treated?

Also wanted to ask if any ladies have chosen the local anaesthetic option for egg retrieval and how that went for them, basically in pain related terms?? I am terrified of having General again based on what happened during the hysteroscopy so the FS has offered me this option and it also says on the website I would have light sedation but I need to clarify that as he didn't mention it during our consult (BTW I am going with IVF Australia and Professor Illingsworth).

Thank you ladies, I hope everything is going well with everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Starf1sh I am going well (now). Was really disappointed to have mc'd again, but strangely not surprised as the first half of this year was a nightmare emotionally for us with some significant deaths in the family (including my beautiful little hound dog, which I am still devastated about.....I know, probably just being a big sook). BTW what was the outcome of the transfer from a couple of months back- I had assumed it was a FET? Or was I on the complete wrong track?? Sorry if I was.

I have since been back to my FS and have now started my first IVF cycle!! I am kind of excited but nervous at the same time to be honest. So, yesterday I started taking Progynova (to thicken my lining as my FS thinks I have lining issues also- although my lining seems a little higher than some on here, at around 7mm) and will then move on once AF arrives (i think) to the injections of Puregon, Orgalutran and Ovidrel.... it works.

Apparently I am at a high risk of developing OHSS (AMH of 38) so hopefully that doesn't happen...will let you know how I go @Evelynmoo.

Also, apparently they will retrieve my eggs under local + sedation and my husband is able to be there for that. That's the only way they have discussed doing the egg retrieval with us (We are with Genea), so will let you know how that goes too!

All the best xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evelynmoo my cycle has never returned to pre AS length and 3 days is pretty good for me. If you only had stage 1 though it's possible it will improve. I never had a collection under light sedation have always been knocked out but its routine at Genea to do collections this way (my current clinic also Ruby16). I had mild OHSS in my 1st ever IVF cycle back in 2009. Got very bloated but it did pass and drinking lots of water can help. Good luck with your cycle and a small word of caution if I may. If you ever have concerns about AS again seek advice from Prof V NOT from IVF Australia. In my experience they know very little about it's management and treatment. (I was with them for 2.5 years). Good luck with your cycle!

Ruby16. I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby and what a tough time you've had My cycle in May was BFN unfortunately. I only have 1 embryo left and a pretty uncooperative lining but I'm hoping to transfer our last embie this month. Genea has been fabulous in my experience. Good luck with your cycle also
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 05-09-2015 at 06:38.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (06-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew I had AS before I even went to IVF Australia and my FS recommended the same course of action as Dr V and they actually knew each other. I had an ultrasound last cycle which showed my lining to be 6.5 or 7.5mm depending on how the nurse measured it. I raised my concerns about the thin lining to my FS and he said not to worry about it for now as long as there is no scarring.

One of my friends also went through IVF Australia and had a baby after only her second round but she only had ovulation issues. My GP has said some of her patients haven't been happy with IVF Australia and that they have preferred Genea which makes me worry that I have made a mistake especially since they are so relaxed about the size of my endometrium and the risk of OHSS. I did consult a doctor with Genea mid this year and he didn't think I had AS so he prescribed me some drugs to increase my lining but when I asked him about the side effects relating to my heart condition he had absolutely no knowledge and a blaze attitude as well which made me opt for IVF Australia.
    @Ruby16 I hope all goes well with you and can't wait to here how your experience is. From what I have discussed with my FS, it seems as though I will be going on the same drugs as you when its time for my IVF process. I don't remember what my AMH was but I remember my FS saying it was above average for my age but he never mentioned it in relation to my risk of OHSS. @starf1ish basically OHSS has been minimally discussed with me, only because I brought it up and I keep getting told it won't happen to me. Knowing my body and my luck, whenever you tell it to do something that it isn't supposed to do or you put something in it that it isn't supposed to have, it doesn't react very well hahaha.

Can I ask you guys who your FS's are at Genea in case I ever decide to change? I am in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evelynmoo, I should've said 'FS's in general know very little about the treatment and management of AS'. I would always follow Prof V's guidance on any concerns with uterine adhesions and persistent thin lining and seek treatment with him. Many FS offer to treat their patients for these concerns but don't often follow the appropriate guidelines. Unfortunately I acquired AS while under my previous clinics care. My current FS is Devora Leiberman and she's been the most proactive and collaborative of all 3 FS I've had. All the best with your cycle and maybe ask your OHSS qu on the general IVF thread if you haven't already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Starfish- Our fur babies really do become a part of life don't they. So sorry to hear last cycle was a BFN- fingers crossed this next embie is the one.

Evelynmoo- My FS is Mark Livingstone. I am in a rural area and Dr Livingstone comes out every couple of months, which is great as we don't have to travel to Sydney to do all the IVF 'stuff'. I am able to get all bloods and Ultrasounds done locally, then head to Sydney for the egg collection and implantation (if all goes to plan of course).

He has been great so far and was really fab during my last mc too (which was a natural conception). Not that he had to help me as we hadn't actually started IVF at that stage, but the local Doctor that I saw wasn't so helpful, fobbing me off saying that it was only a 'threatened miscarriage'..........Forgot to say also that I will be taking Clexane - apparently this helps reduce the chances of mc.

He didn't seem too concerned about my AS as it was only stage 1 -and doesn't think that it has come back and was the cause of the last mc. Hoping he is right, and just thinking that my shortened cycles are mainly to do with a thinner lining?

I also have two friends that have seen him in the past and now have 3 little darlings between them- all from the first cycle, so I'm hoping I'll be similar!

Good Luck