+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all went well Starfish?

Just thought I'd stop back in and let you all know that I got my BFP this week! Hard to believe it all happened naturally too after a horror start to the year!

We were actually starting to lose faith and had been to our first IVF consultation, and had all of the initial blood tests etc done. We were just waiting to do our first round after we got back from holidays and a few other major events (stressful) to give it the best chance possible.........

So here's hoping that the stressful events ahead don't affect anything too majorly and that this one is a sticky!

XO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Ruby16. That's great news, this is your sticky one

I had my transfer last week so playing the waiting game yet again ☺️

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (10-05-2015),Ruby16  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm so sorry you're all going through this but my nerves are so frayed and I'm convinced that Ashermans is the next thing that's going to go wrong with me as I know I'm high risk.

Last year I had my first mmc at 8 weeks. I had a d&c. Period returned and I got pregnant next cycle with twins. Lost a twin at 6 weeks and was re absorbed. At 20 weeks a scan showed serious issues with my son and we terminated by l&d at 22 weeks. Placenta did not emerge and had a d&c following birth. 8 weeks later they found retained products requiring a second d&c. 5 weeks later I had a perfectly normal period that had 3 moderate to heavy days followed by 3 light days.

I ovulated Tuesday week ago and have been spotting since last Wednesday. Spotting turned red yesterday (Saturday) and continued today. Technically my period shouldn't be due until Tuesday but it's not getting heavier and I'm worried this is my period and I have ashermans.

Maybe I'm being ridiculous. Last month's period was completely normal but I'm hyper aware of how high risk I am with three d&cs in 10 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sally, Sorry you are going through this. MC is hard enough without all the anguish afterwards isn't it. Unfortunately I have just MC again (about 6 weeks ago at 6 weeks) and luckily I MC'd naturally this time. It has taken about 6 weeks to get a -ve preg test, with what I think was a period in between, but I think I'm finally there with no surgical intervention this time- as I was adamant that I would first try medical management (didn't need to thankfully) and then move to surgical through Prof V if needed so as to try to avoid any further scarring.

I am no expert in the area of Asherman's, but am thinking if I was in your shoes that I would wait and see what your next period brings, as I know things can be a bit topsy turvy after MC and D&C's.

If your next AF is still just spotting and a bit weird, I would definitely push your doctor for further investigation and even a referral to a suitable Asherman's surgeon (Professor Vancaillie is the fellow that I have seen and many other ladies on this thread and he is fantastic) as generally nothing shows up on ultrasounds etc that will alert your doctor to Asherman's.

There is heaps of info that Starfish has put together on the very first post on this thread which may help you also.

Fingers crossed though that you are fine,

Cheers, Ruby xo

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (28-07-2015),Starf1sh  (03-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so scared if this, had 2 D&C in March for a MC and now I have to have another one due to pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

My situation is a bit unusual. I had a D&C in February 2014. Before the procedure I had "normal" periods. But following the procedure I had heavy long painful periods lasting sometimes 7 days. From October they completely slowed down and became short, probably only 3 days and extremely light to the point where I would only see blood if I had to pee.

We started TTC that same month but to this day still not successful. In the mean time I have seen about 4 different gynecologists and even a FS. Finally, as a result of this thread, I saw Dr Vancaillie and had my hysteroscopy 2 weeks ago. From what I remember after the op he said he only found minimal Stage 1 scarring and so he did not give me any eostrogen to take and I had absolutely no bleeding following the procedure.

I have my post op appt on Thursday but I got my periods today and a bit earlier than expected. After reading some of the comments from here, I was hoping that my first flow following the op would be heavier and back to the way it had been before the D&C but its still light and pretty much non existent unless I go to the bathroom.

Since the D&C the thickest my lining has ever been is 6mm. I'm hoping my lining gets thicker on its own and that I'm one of the post Ashermans success stories.

I guess I added myself to this thread as a way of tracking my progress and venting to people that have gone through the same problems as I have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've booked in to see Prof Vancaillie on 8 September. This cycle has been even weirder than the last and my lining was only 5.3mm at 7DPO. My progesterone was fine.

I figure it's either Ashermans or my body isn't responding properly to progesterone. I know my ovulation is ok (albeit a bit late in the cycle).

Sorry to hear others are going through this

Thanks
    Reviews
    to all the ladies who have joined the thread,

I haven't been here for a while but just wanted to pop in and wish you all well with your journey's

@Ruby16 I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and hope that you are doing ok? xx @Evelynmoo great news from your surgery and hope you've been able to move on with TTC @Sally1981 I hope things have worked themselves out with your body. Your consult with Prof V must be coming up soon?

I have been doing battle with Asherman's AGAIN for the last 8 months in the pursuit of no. 2. It's really challenging to be here again but it does make me feel incredibly blessed to have my post AS miracle girl. But she also reminds me it was worth all the heartache to listen to your instincts to get the right diagnosis and treatment to give yourself the best chance.

Lots of luck ladies! xx
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 28-08-2015 at 16:04.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starf1sh View Post
    to all the ladies who have joined the thread,

I haven't been here for a while but just wanted to pop in and wish you all well with your journey's

@Ruby16 I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and hope that you are doing ok? xx @Evelynmoo great news from your surgery and hope you've been able to move on with TTC @Sally1981 I hope things have worked themselves out with your body. Your consult with Prof V must be coming up soon?

I have been doing battle with Asherman's AGAIN for the last 8 months in the pursuit of no. 2. It's really challenging to be here again but it does make me feel incredibly blessed to have my post AS miracle girl. But she also reminds me it was worth all the heartache to listen to your instincts to get the right diagnosis and treatment to give yourself the best chance.

Lots of luck ladies! xx
    You've had a really rough road. I'm sorry you're back here again but I'm glad you have excellent care.

My appointment is on 8 September but I actually found out two days ago that I'm pregnant. I assumed that with a lining of 5.3mm that couldn't happen. I don't know whether to cancel my appointment or not. I assume I'll miscarry if my lining's still that thin.

I'm an idiot

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to say Congratulations Sally There's definitely hope. I carried my daughter to term on a very similar lining (approx 5.5mm). In fact mine has never been above 6mm since I acquired Asherman's 3-4 years ago. Have you had a blood test yet? Hoping this is your sticky bub