I'm happy to share. I was only officially diagnosed very recently after consulting an AS specialist, Professor Vancaillie. I had very little support or interest from my FS or clinic in investigating my chronically thin lining issues over the last 12 months and my AF eventually ceased altogether a couple of months ago.
I have had numerous miscarriages (both IVF and natural) 2 of which resulted in 2 D&C's which is the cause of my Asherman's. I was never offered any other intervention other than waiting naturally (which I did both times for an excruciating week) or a D&C.
I had a diagnostic hysteroscopy with Prof V just before Easter which showed I have grade 4 AS (severe) with extensive scarring covering most of my uterus, adhering the walls together and my cervix was completely scarred shut. My specialist was able to open my uterine cavity 95% and he applied a barrier gel to try and stop the scarring reforming and put me on premarin (estrogen). An MRI showed some vascular issues and there has been some damage done to my endometrium which is now patchy in appearance and may or may not regenerate.
Prof V does approx 20 AS surgeries a year and reckons most FS might see 2 on average in their career hence it is very poorly understood and as a result is under diagnosed. I was the 2nd IVF patient to present to my specialist that week who had been having ongoing embryo transfers into an environment that was not suitable to sustain a pregnancy and the warning signs for AS (eg. scanty or absent period) had been mismanaged so I am really pleased to hear you found an FS with AS experience.
My AS specialist now has my chances of carrying a baby to term at around 30% and any pregnancy is now considered high risk due to the increased risks of pregnancy loss and placenta issues.
I will be having a 2nd hysteroscopy in mid May with the hope of making my uterus scar free and a further MRI some time after that to see if the removal of scar tissue will allow the damaged endo to regenerate.
I have been reading some encouraging stories of endo regeneration post surgery from the yahoo Asherman's support group. If this occurs then we may be able to attempt another transfer later in the year. If not then we may have to consider surrogacy or ending our quest for a baby. At this point in time I can only focus on one step at a time i.e. the next surgery as I still find trying to think about the whole picture quite overwhelming.