+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had my little well not so little boy early Monday morning at 3.05am. 2955g or 6p8oz at 34+5 days. Breathing on his own, holding his temp. Just needs to be on full feeds and gaining weight so should be in hospital no longer than 2 weeks. Called him Vin Ryder. Stitch really did its job once it was out 5.mins later I was 8cm dilated and pushing then 45 mins later he was out.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Petrult!!! So glad your little man is here safe and sound. Sounds like the birth went well and he's a lovely weight too. Well done!! xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

petrult  (09-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Petrult congratulations! Wonderful news. So so happy for you and the safe arrival of your little man. Great job there Mumma.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBtobe For This Useful Post:

petrult  (09-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Starfish thank you for this thread! Very informative and it looks like it has helped many women. For something that is so unknown it appears very common.
    i am about to start TTC #3 and I am concerned I may have issues. I had 2 retained placentas after my births (had to be manually removed) and I am worried what damage has been done. I saw a OB late last year when we started considering #3 as we were worried about another retained placenta. The OB warned that accreta may be a risk, but just suggested a controlled birth/CS would be necessary. She did an internal US at the time and did mention she saw a small scarring on my lining, but did not concern her.
    If I did have AS would this have been obvious to her on the US? My periods are regular, they are light but I don't think they are any different to pre kids.
    i fell pg so easy the first 2 times I didn't even consider my retained placentas may reduce my chance of falling gp again.
    obviously I am probably jumping the gun a little, but this thread has opened my eyes to the risks of a D & C. Everything is fine....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shebes,
    Did you actually have a D&C or were the placentas manually removed only? Interesting that the OB could see some scarring on the US, often scarring/ symptoms of AS aren't visualised this way.

Positive news there is no real change to your periods but a second opinion could be warranted to further explore it, particularly if you did have D&C's for retained products etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure actually Starfish..... The first I had an epidural for the birth, so my OB just manually removed in the birthing suite, but my second I had no pain relief, lost 2L of blood and rushed to OR. I would assume they did a D&C, but I was so out of it.....
    The OB I saw recently really didn't seem concerned by the scarring she saw' and it wasn't until I read this thread that it made me wonder...
    I have been thinking and my periods lately have been slightly different - I stop bleeding after 4 days and then 1 or 2 days later I have a
    Iittle more spotting..... Not sure if this is normal or not.
    I won't be surprised if I have difficulties TTC this time, but I have 2 beautiful and healthy kids, so I don't think we would investigate further, but at least if I do have difficulties I know why. But at this stage (3 and 1/2 years after the birth of DD), I have regular and fairly normal periods - hopefully that is a sign it I either don't have anything to worry about or it's not severe.
    My concern would be if I do have a 3rd the chances of having another retained placenta is extremely high, and I increase my risk of having more scarring.
    Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys, very glad I found this thread!

New to the board but am in desperate need of a little direction at the moment if possible.

My DH ad I have been TTC for approx. 7 mths (I am 37, he is 42).
    I miscarried in early Nov 2013 (11 months ago) at approx. 9 weeks and it was diagnosed as a missed miscarriage. As the pregnancy was a surprise, and we found out at the dating scan that we were 9 weeks (with no heartbeat) it is hard to say how long ago I had miscarried.
    My Dr then waited a further 2 weeks before doing a D&C to see if I would miscarry (is that the right term?) naturally, which unfortunately I didn’t.

So, I had the D&C, after which I got an infection -which required a second D&C.....after which I got a second infection. Bleeding eventually stopped in the first week of January 2014.

I have also had polyps removed from my uterus in 2007.
    Skip forward to today, sex was quite painful for a month or two after the procedures, I am having regular periods 24-26 day cycles (which is reduced from 28-35 day cycles pre D&C’s), with approx 1.5 – 2 days of bleeding (reduced from 5-6 days of bleeding pre D&C’s and has been getting shorter), I have constant pain on the left side which feels like ovulation pain (no specific time of month just all the time, and sometimes sharper than others), with the odd right side ovary pain; and then throw in some pain that is lower down on a couple of occasions that has woken me and kept me awake for hours on end.
    I have seen an RE today who tells me that damage following D&C’s is very rare; 7 mths is not a long time to be trying, maybe I should wait until the New Year to investigate further & that reduced cycles and bleeding is common in older women, and that drugs probably won’t help with my short cycle/early ovulation as I am over 35.
    To be honest I am terrified that there has been some damage done- am I overreacting?
    In saying all of the above, when I voiced my concerns about damage/scarring he has given me a referral to Dr Vancaillie as he did say that time is of the essence, being 37. When I asked if I should wait until the new year to book an appt with Dr Vancaillie, he said that was a grey area and if it was really stressing me out to do it sooner rather than later……..which obviously it is!
    Just need to know if you think my symptoms sound like Asherman’s? I do, but am just unsure after seeing the Dr today and feel like I am overreacting……and I would hate to waste Dr Vancaillie’s time!
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ruby. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking.
    If it were me I would not be waiting a minute later. Call Prof V asap and get an appointment. There is a window of time that surgery has to be completed so better to make that first call, then start planning.
    It makes me so cranky that we are told that Asherman's is rare. Prof V's website states that it is closer to a 40% chance in some cases.
    My AS came from a D&C after a missed miscarriage as well. The wait is awful. Trust yourself though and don't stop until you have been in Prof V's miracle working hands.
    PS - Every sonographer, midwife, nurse and Dr that treated me during my post AS baby, laughed at me and asked me things like 'it's so rare, are you sure you have been diagnosed' Do bloody rude.
    They happenohappeno2

,uùùlllllllĺllllllllla

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBtobe For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ruby.

Sorry for your loss and all you've been through since then. I echo previous poster in saying: don't wait another minute. I also had 2 D&Cs for a blighted ovum and after that could not conceive for 6 months. Previous to this I fell pregnant every time we tried (unfortunately loosing them all), so I knew deep down something was not right. My FS at the time told me Asherman's was very rare and didnt think it was worth looking into, but I insisted on getting an ultrasound done - this showed adhesions and I went straight to professor V for surgery.

Since clearing out the scarring we fell pregnant within 2 months. I'm 11 weeks now and still very nervous about loosing this one as well, but I think about what would have happened if I just listened to my FS instead of my gut and honestly, I don't think we would have ever fallen pregnant again.

Good luck to you. I really hope it works out. Always trust your instincts. My experiences have led me to believe we place way too much trust in medical practitioners and not enough trust in ourselves. xox

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Danygirl For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou MrsBtobe and Danygirl. Will make the call on Monday. Hopefully then we can get to the bottom of this, and hopefully I haven't waited too long already. Can you tell me though - I am based in Rural NSW, so will have to travel to Sydney, are there any tests that Prof V needs to do? I have already had 2 TV Ultrasounds (which showed all to be ok apparently), have had blood tests for hormone levels etc which all came back relatively normal (ERS a little high at 18 and Iron a little low at 126, but primarily ok) - so in general how many appointments etc do you need to attend + surgery (if required)?
    Thanks again