+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good point about the antibiotics MrsBtobe and as in your case I would encourage women to advocate to have their D&C done under ultrasound guidance as you did. Unfortunately it seems to mainly be private AS aware Gynos who are most willing to do this.

Prof V seems to use antibiotics for every uterine surgery he does. I took them for each hysteroscopy I had with him to minimise the introduction of any infection (as well as the estrogen therapy and the barrier gel to stop adhesions reforming).

I was sorry to hear of the confirmation of your AS diagnosis, was your scarring also able to be removed at the same time or are you facing further surgeries?

Wishing you the best of luck and agree you are in the best of hands
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 02-06-2013 at 08:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Starfish.

I believe that Prof V was hoping he could get it. I go back mid June for a follow up U/S the mid July for camera check.

He saw it so clearly on my U/S from Dec that I am worried it is really bad but hoping its not.

I am in awe of him. I think he is just the most amazing person. I guess that's what happens when someone can do such a life changing thing for you.

Prof V fan club lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsBtobe; 05-06-2013 at 09:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsBtobe, I hope that you are recovering well and your follow up assessments will be positive. Even if there is still scarring or it is worse than expected take heart. I had a severe case and even though it took 3 surgeries and some time it is very possible to fall pregnant again and have a successful pregnancy.

I have had a pretty complication free pregnancy apart from some early bleeding (common in post AS pregnancies). I also had my final private scan yesterday prior to bub's birth to check for any obvious post AS complications and even though I had a low lying placenta (previa) at 26 weeks it has moved out of the way and there is no evidence it is growing abnormally into the wall. I fully credit Prof V's expertise and surgical skill with this outcome (as does my OB) so I am also definitely in the fan club!

Good luck and keep us posted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

MrsBtobe  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Starf1sh! Reading about your success has brought tears to my eyes.

Especially to hear that your placenta has moved and the wall seems to be holding up.

Prof V just cares so much when others clearly don't. It is overwhelming to sense that from someone who has no connection to you personally.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to go back and see Prof V. He also sent my tissue away to be tested so I am ipressed that he covered all bases and hasn't just assumed that this loss was due to AS.

I def feel like a lucky one. I have only had one loss and 12 months of time taken from me at this stage from AS. I know of other women who have suffered much more. The reason for this is simply the sharing and compassion of women here on BH. That despite their loss and pain they take the time to tell us what they're going through. That in turn led me to the Ashermans site and then Prof V.

I am madly paying it forward and telling EVERYONE about AS.

Thanks again Starf1sh. I can't wait to hear more news on your pregnancy.

Are they planning a vaginal birth for you since your placenta moved?

Eek how exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsB, I'm glad my story has been able to give you some hope. It was someone else's story and her encouragement here on BH that helped enormously to get me through some of my darkest days after my diagnosis.

Like you, when I found out I had AS I was absolutely gutted. I felt I had been betrayed by my surgeon who failed to disclose the risks or to offer me an alternative and I really wanted to share my story with others. But I have to say it hasn't always been well received as sometimes people don't want to hear that D&C's can damage their fertility.

All I hope for now is that by some of us coming forward and talking about our experiences the information is out there for others to make informed decisions about how they can advocate for themselves if faced with a miscarriage or a blind D&C is recommended.

I am booked to have a C-section in a few weeks and will proceed with this as there is still a very low risk of an undetected placenta accreta and haemorrhage and having weighed all the options up I feel comfortable this is the right path for me.

Great that Prof V has sent the tissue for testing as this will give you some more definitive answers. Sounds like a very sensible and methodical approach and I always felt like he worked in collaboration with me rather than being the 'almighty and all knowing' Dr and he always seemed to have all the time in the world to answer my thousands of questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited and blessed to announce the arrival of our post AS miracle girl, Allegra 3.25kgs and 52cm long.

Born on Thursday 27th June following an uncomplicated Caesarian delivery. OB is confident placenta detached in full however I will have an ultrasound to check for retained products in a few weeks.

We just cannot believe our beautiful daughter is finally here after overcoming a 5 year battle with infertility, recurrent miscarriage and then severe Asherman's syndrome. But with perseverance and some luck dreams really do come true!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (29-06-2013),peanuts1982  (27-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations Starfish What wonderful news. Those last few weeks seemed to fly by. She is one lucky cherub.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish Congratulations! Such wonderful news. Xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBtobe For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - WoW! I'm so happy for you. I have posted a little gift for your precious bundle. Just don't look too hard for the mistakes, it's my first attempt but I really wanted to do something personal to say "Thanks You". If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have known about as and had my surgery. I can't imagine how happy you must be right now. take care!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (01-07-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry to jump in but does this sound like AS??

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...s-post-D-amp-C