Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sending hugs xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

UnderCoverMother  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you're going through this anxiety. I agree with PP, allow the tears to flow (i find crying in the shower sometimes, ivery therapeutic) and distracting yourself will help too.

As for assignments, just email your tutours and ask for extensions. A few extra days will alleviate some of that stress. Stay positive

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess the only thing that can be said is that no matter what the outcome of this pregnancy, there is nothing you can do or not do that will change it. I know that sounds simplistic but sometimes simple is the only way we can go. The outcome is completely out of your control. If you feel yourself getting anxious just tell yourself that this is out of your control. Keep telling yourself as you feel the anxiety come on and trust me, eventually the anxiety will ease. If it pops up again, simply say, "The outcome is out of my control". It works

Best of luck with this pregnancy although I have a feeling you won't need it. You'll be fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Even reading your post makes me tear up recalling my own heartbreaks. I've had 4 miscarriages, the furthest along I got was 14 weeks and 4 days, 10 days after I had a perfectly normal nuchal scan. I now have only 2 and a bit more weeks to go with my current pregnancy before we meet our miracle baby. This pregnancy was without scares either, I bled from 5 weeks up till 14 weeks, and I lived on the edge all the time for that few months. What I kept telling myself was everyday with the baby is a blessing, everyday we have him/her with us, is a miracle, everyday is a milestone to celebrate. You can get through it day by day and count your blessings. It was literally taking baby steps. I keep mental goal posts, doubling hcgs, heartbeat scan, from then on I almost had weekly scan till the NT scan, then I got myself a doppler to listen to baby's heartbeat everyday, I didn't feel relaxed till I was over 20 weeks. The next goal was the morphology scan, then getting to 25 weeks (our city's children's hospital neonatal survival age), then 28 weeks (when most prem babies will survive), then 32 weeks (when >95% prem babies have minimal long term complications), then 35 weeks (lungs mature), then birth.

Don't be afraid to take time off too, even if it's for emotional stress. I was put on bedrest for 2 months this pregnancy, I think it allayed a lot of fears that I'm doing my best to "protect" myself from losing this baby.
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 17-04-2012 at 01:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all again for your kind words. Sorry I haven't been back on for a few days- I don't know how you all find the time! I really am grateful, and so sorry many of you have suffered miscarriages also. NT scan tomorrow!

Berniegirl- I know all about nearly being in tears in the waiting room! I nearly didn't stay for my last scan because of the anxiety. Not helped by the fact they were running and hour behind!

MsKez and MamaC - thanks for the suggestions on asking for an extension. I decided to push through, as uni has ended up being a good distraction.

FTM2012- thank you. Sometimes simply hearing the words "it will be ok" is all you need.

Frosty's mum- thank you for your suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with having a good cry, sometimes it's best just to let yourself have the emotion instead of trying to control it or contain it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post: