+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I just need to get this out! Needing some positive words.

Hi ladies,

I am 11 and a half weeks pregnant after having 3 miscarriages in 2011. The first was a missed miscarriage, after seeing a heartbeat but scan dates being out. The second was very early. The third was by far the most traumatic- we had regular scans- the first of which put me two weeks behind my LMP, so we knew from the outset things would not be good. Unfortunately, the baby continued to develop and we saw a very slow heartbeat which we watched slowly stop over a series of scans. It caused me incredible emotional pain and I know I still haven't dealt with it, but I haven't really felt ready to talk about.

This pregnancy has gone well so far. Good HCG levels in the first few weeks. Scans at 6 and a half and 8 and a half weeks showed great heart beats, and dates were pretty much spot on. I was offered another scan at 10 weeks but experienced so much grief and stress in the days leading up to the previous ones, I elected not to have another till the NT scan. My pregnancy symptoms have continued but they did in my previous pregnancies too. I have had no symptoms of a miscarriage but I didn't in my previous miscarriages either.

My NT scan is next Tuesday, and today the anxiety has kicked in. How do I keep calm? I have uni assignments due and I can't concentrate. I spend my time trying not to cry! What has worked for others? I know I should really see someone professional - I have no problem doing this, but I don't wish to bring up all the emotions over my previous losses when I am so busy and emotional already. Please help. xxx

I should add, we haven't told many people as we want to wait till 12 weeks so people actually congratulate us rather than worry about us. The missed miscarriage happened at 8 weeks, and that was the furthest we'd gotten since our successful first pregnancy in 2009. I really should have had a 10 week scan!
    Last edited by UnderCoverMother; 12-04-2012 at 16:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I could not read and not reply, im sorry i have no advice except to try and stay positive for your Lil Bub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huni&Coco For This Useful Post:

UnderCoverMother  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not much advice to offer as I've never experienced what you have but please try and stay positive rather than make yourself sick with worry.

There are plenty of people on the Hub willing to lend an ear if you need support, all the best.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Super mega hugs. I dont have advice and i know thats not helpful. But i have everything crossed for you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe let it out and have a cry. I find when i try and hold it all in it just builds up but if i allow myself to just feel sad for a while and have a big cry i then feel better afterwards.

I'm so sorry for your losses

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (16-04-2012),UnderCoverMother  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for taking the time to respond. It often doesn't matter what is said, just that someone takes the time to say thank you. I do feel better after getting my feelings out. I'm seeing my mum on the weekend- a cry on her shoulder is just what I need.

Thank you again, and I am truly sorry for everyone who has gone through this. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had a missed m/c at 12 weeks in September last year followed by a 7 week m/c in December.
    I just had my NT scan the other day and I was so anxious before it as well.

I agree with having a good cry. Also going for a bit of a walk every day to get the endorphins flowing. And best of all...I found just going for lunch or coffee with a friend for a good distraction always helps (especially since they don't know you're pregnant so it won't be brought up).

I know it is so hard to try to relax, and I was almost in tears in the waiting room before my scan coz I was convinced it would be bad news again this time (it wasn't). Really you have to try and think positive, hope for the best and know that worrying won't do anything, and you cannot effect the outcome whatever it may be.

I really hope this time is a good one for you, too. Let us know how you get on. Good luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to berniegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Undercovermother, the anxiety can be so overwhelming, especially with uni assessments ontop of it all. The only advice I can give you in regards to your uni assessments is to apply for special consideration for an extension. If you tell your lecturer just a brief outline of what is happening, they are normally very understanding and will grant an extension, least that will be one thing you can put aside for the moment. I hope seeing your mum helps you and all goes well for you and this pregnancy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Kez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was writing a whole post, but I've decided to pm it to you instead. Hope that's ok, OP?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really have anything helpful to say except I'm so sorry for your losses and I completely understand how you're feeling. I wish you all the best of luck and

18. The Following User Says Thank You to missybubble For This Useful Post: