+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toowoomba IVF Mum

Hi there,
    I posted this on the general conception and ferfitility forum but got no response so thought I would copy it over to her. I would love to meet some other Toowoomba IVF'ers. Here is a brief intro:

I have not been on here for many years. To introduce myself, I am 38 years old (39 in June) and tried for 8 years to have a baby. That included one year of trying naturally (haha shouldn't have bothered), 3 IUI's, 24 cycles of IVF (over 7 years - 16 fresh and 8 frozen). It was a long hard road, especially towards the end but I never lost hope that my husband and I would have a family of our own. There were many miscarraiges along the way and many invasive procedures (for me) but on March 12, last year we had our beautiful little girl and she is the sunshine of our lives. Every tear, every struggle, every moment of feeling down has been replaced by the joy that she brings into our world.

Also, I wanted to see if there were any other IVF'ers from Toowoomba who have a one year old or around that age who know what a gift it is to have a child. I would love to hear from you. We did treatment in Toowoomba with Dr Esler firstly but then went to Dr David Molloy in Brisbane for a second opinion and he got us our baby daughter .

We are about to start a fresh cycle with Dr Molloy to see if we can give our little girl a brother or a sister. We would LOVE two children but will take it as it comes.

Anyone else out there trying again for number two??.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Pipsgal!
    im not in Toowooomba but I just want to wish you luck, what an amazing story & strength you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pipsgal, just wanted to say good on you and congratulations for being so persitant. I did 12 cycles to get my beautiful daughter, can not fathom 24! I've always maintained persitance is the key to success. I am currently on a cycle to ttc bub #2. I'm not from Toowoomba either but wanted to wish you every success. What amazing courage you have and it would have all been worth it to get your little girl, I know it was for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lochnessie and kismet,
    Thank you for replying and your kind words and yes it was worth everything tear I shed to get our little girl, she is beautiful.

The hardest thing I have found in motherhood though is it can sometimes be lonely.

Sending you both fertile vibes and wish you all the luck in the world.
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi pipsgal!
    I live in Toowoomba but I dont have any children yet and Im not doing IVF (yet). Congratulations on your daughter! You must have so much strength to have endured that much for so long! I admire that I just wanted to wish you good luck with #2!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    I'm from toowoomba! I'm just starting the IVF roller coaster. We are going through dr esler. First egg pick up is this Friday! I'm 27, husband is 29 and has balanced translocation. We've been trying naturally for 4.5 years.
    Excited but extremely scared!
    I hope you are able to have bub #2 in your arms really soon!!!!