+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default im loosing my hair. =(

I am that stressed, its falling out!
    we are in a very stressful financial situation at the moment and im finding it difficult to get us out.
    so many bills not enough income.
    im trying my best to pay them all and get us by with budget food etc, but still get harassed.
    i have three Lil ones.
    does anyone have any advice regarding finances?
    and anything to help my hair stay in or help it grow back? (it took me three years to get my hair the way i like it, its sad that its falling out.)
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh gosh.

If you have any credit card debt, switch the balance over to a new card with one of those balance transfer 6month interest free offers to give yourself some repayment breathing room. That was hugely helpful for us.

For the hair - my hair has thinned massively recently too. I've found using a volume improving shampoo has helped a little to mask it.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you Miss muppet but we don't have any credit cards just loans and bills its driving me crazy! =s
    the loss of my hair is mainly at the front (fringe area) so its really noticeable

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the last person you'd take financial advice from, but as for the hair loss, google alapesha (unsure of spelling, sounds like ah-lah-pee-sha) as my mum went thru it recently and there things you can eat/do/take to help it x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry it's so stressful.

Have you thought of My Budget? We use them and they are great. They will negotiate things to be paid off and give your family a realistic allowance and keep up with your payments. It really has helped us.
    We were in 20,000 in debt just in bills and personal loans, school fees child care fees etc and we haven't been stressed in over a year about it all.

Other than that I'm not sure.
    Try not to worry. At the end of the day just make sure the house is paid for and there's food for your family and the rest will follow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neekie don't they cost to use them? & is that like a debt agreement (part 9)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried consolidating the loans into one? With bills I pay a set amount for each one into a separate bills account each pay day and then when the bills come due I transfer the money out to pay them. I aso tried to eliminate as many as possibe - I changed my mobile account to Virgin prepaid, where I now buy $50 long expiry and make it last 12months. I was previously paying $30 a month with Optus so it saved me a few hundred. And I bundled home phone and internet together on the cheapest plan I could find. I'm afraid that's all the financial tips I've got.

With the hair I have no idea, I'm afraid. There's a few hairdressers on bubhub, hopefully one will see this and post with some advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Peanut2011 and neekie. i have looked at the my budget website and i basically am using my whole income for bills rent and debt and hubbie gets us through for food and transport etc. maybe i should go and talk to a financial advisor or councillor?
    do they have people like this at centrelink?

Thanks
    Reviews
    bodelly i really don't like the sound of that.
    im paying enough as is.
    debt consolidation... i have tried, i never get approved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Centrelink do offer Financial Information Services. I'm not sure how it works but you can try calling them on 13 2300.