+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I have not looked at the forums but can imagine :/
    Don't do it - I think my IQ dropped just by reading them!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I agree with Benji some of the people are really cult like on those forums. I looked into it a little and my gosh you would think that someone stole everyones ovens and pots/pans. There was one thing I read about this woman who couldn't get her head around how a person makes a roast without a therm. Are you freaking kidding me. Throw it in the oven!!!

I get that people like theirs and all that but really what a load of rubbish... Can't make healthy food without one... Pfff.

Ignore.
    I made a roast on Sunday and it's the first time in a long time I haven't used it at all for a dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use my Thermomix for breakfast/coffee, bread, butter every second day, spreads, and salads. I rarely use it for dinner unless I have something in particular in mind or unless DH is home and I want something done quick.

If DH is home.... He cooks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is scarily cult-like.

I can understand the benefits, but can't bring myself to join the cult. Not just because of the scary cult aspects, but because I quite like faffing around with pots and pans and knives and mixers in the kitchen and I don't know that I can be bothered to work out how to use a new machine!

SAB - sorry you are being bombarded with a lot of nonsense about. What a crazy bunch of people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Only one is on my friend list, the others are not. One just said she now could not live without it, but did for a long time. She has 5 kids, one severly disabled, and just returned to full time teaching and hubby works away now, too. Not everyone is like the ones I first mentioned, many are like that mum, just trying to get by when time-poor and lacking energy for cooking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was looking at buying one - but we tend to have a lot of salad type dishes (being in Brisbane) and I wouldn't use it enough. I think in colder climates it would be awesome! I know you can make coleslaw but I can't have that every night! Also, would be great for larger families. Instead, I am upgrading my crap oven and stovetop. So excited!!!

I just realised I need to use the exclamation mark less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think when people spend a loooot of money on something they feel an overwhelming need to justify it. Taking it to the level of being rude about those who don't have one is a bit extreme though...

I have a thermomix and can categorically say it has not saved me any money, and has not changed my life. I like it, it saves time and I like being able to make things I would never bother with before (bread, dips etc). DD reacts badly to preservatives and colours, and we managed to avoid those just fine before we had the thermomix!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thing is it's only cult like if you let it be. I'm not on any of those forums and I don't feel like starting every conversation with the words "you need to buy one of these!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Thing is it's only cult like if you let it be. I'm not on any of those forums and I don't feel like starting every conversation with the words "you need to buy one of these!"
    I agree. I've signed up to the forums but haven't posted.

I do promote the TMX if it's appropriate but I don't really go jamming it down people's throats at every single opportunity, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't even been on the thermomix forums. I'm certainly not part of a cult. I love my thermo, I use it every day. It truly is the best kitchen appliance I have ever bought but I don't care if other people don't want one for whatever reason and I certainly don't think that people who don't have one aren't capable of eating healthy. That's crazy!