+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Irregular Heart Beat

Has anybody developed an irregular heart beat whilst they were pregnant? I flipped into a "regularly irregular" rhythm two weeks ago (skipping every fourth or fifth beat) and its getting worse. I was asymptomatic of it but now Im getting almost constant palpitations and becoming short of breath.

I guess im wondering if anyone had something similar and how it was managed? Did you have any birthing complications etc?

I see a physician next Tuesday - living in the country means everything takes forever.....

Im currently 25w3d

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had this in my last pregnancy. Had ECG and then wore a heart rate monitor for 24 hours. Was diagnosed as an ectopic heartbeat and not serious. My ob just said i might have to see a cardiologist if it didn't got away after bub was born! No complications for me and they weren't expecting there to be. Had a normal vaginal delivery! And all fine ever since. I'm sure it's just because your heart is working harder to supply the baby! Hope all is well with you - I'm sure it will be!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far along are you?? Mine was worst in the third trimester!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I had this but didn't think much of it, I never got shortness of breath or anything, and was normal most of the time. This pregnancy I expected to be worse (twins) but nothing so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh i was managing ok but now with the palpitations and shortness of breath its really hard to work (i have a very active job). I guess i just have to wait and see what they say! I just need to know its not going to affect the baby i suppose....i can deal with anything else