+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice for baby boy name

Hello Mums & Mums-to-be,

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in July and are trying to finalise names. We have a lovely girls name already though are stuck for a boys name. There are lots that we like but they have already been taken by family or friends.
    There is one name we both absolutely love and keep coming back to every time we talk about the baby name topic, though, we have a slight hesitation as the name is very close to a name from history that is not so great.

The name is Harvey. With our surname it will be Harvey Lee, not unlike the infamous Lee Harvey Oswald of the JFK history.

Can I please ask your advice. Would you just go with it as you love it OR would it bother you that it has such a similarity to a name in history?
    Secondly, how would you feel if your child went to school with a Harvey Lee? Would you immediately think of Oswald? Would you dislike it or think badly of the parents?

We will have a middle name, Maxwell after my Dad who has passed. We both love the name, my brother has already named his son it. Making our son Harvey Maxwell Lee.

Your advice and thoughts will be greatly appreciated! Best wishes to you all too and good luck with your name choosing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tbh I didnt click to Lee Harvey Oswald when reading Harvey Lee and I wouldn't click to that association if DS was to bring a friend home with that name its so long in the past that I don't think the further generations would really get the link either

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the name! I didn't think of Lee Harvey Oswald at all, only cause you said it. Friends of ours have recently called their son Harvey. It's nice to name your son after your father too. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love it - I think it sounds very smart - the sort of name a professional young man would have. I didn't associate it with the JFK thing so I would say go for it!!! If you love it then why not x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karisha View Post
    I love it - I think it sounds very smart - the sort of name a professional young man would have. I didn't associate it with the JFK thing so I would say go for it!!! If you love it then why not x
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a lovely name. Boys names are so hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love it !! Didnt even register the connection and I'm a bit of a history buff lol ! I think it sounds very smart too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Use it! It goes with your surname really well. I think the connection is a bit of a stretch to be honest. I very much doubt many people will think of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great name, didn't click to the connection either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much ladies! I really appreciate your time in replying. You have all been wonderful. We are going to have a very good think about it. Thankyou for your honesty, advice and support. I could get used to these forums! Very handy and a great source of knowledge.

Good luck to you all. Perhaps chat to you another time and I'll try to repay Tge favour!
    Mel