+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clexane injection question

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this:

I have been injecting for about 5 months now, and today when i pulled the needle out, a few drops of the clean came back out the hole mixed with someblood.

Is this weird? or have others had this happen? when i squeezed it (after i wiped away the liquid andblood) a little more came out ( like maybe 1/3 of a drop, but none since). Is it just cos I'm a pin cushion now?

Dh is concerned so i thought id ask if any of you lovely ladies have had this experience.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used clexane for three cycles. It's job is to thin your blood. I had bruises that looked like I'd been shot by a paint ball gun at close range. The more I injected the less space I had where there wasn't a bruise. Often I had blood come out of the site that I injected. I asked the nurses and they said that is normal. Hope that is helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Intermittently you will bleed. If you hit a wee vein at the surface, it will bleed, and as clexane is a blood thinner, don't be concerned, best advice, put the needle in fast, inject the clexane steadily, and don't rub it afterwards, more likely to bruise. Ten years of experience giving it, I know what I'm doing! Good luck and don't worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Guys, Much appreciated :-)