+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bags!

What do you look for in a nappy bag? Not sure what I am actually looking for! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I look for something that's comfortable to use, easy to cart around, can fit all bits and bobs into and not too unattractive. For me, it's generally a backpack type one that i can also sling over the pram if need be. I think this time around, for baby number 3, it'll just be one of the boys backpacks (you know, the kids ones) with a nappy, wipes and change of clothes in it, that's all we'll really need. With all the other stuff we end up lugging around less is more for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like one with a couple of external pockets for my stuff: purse, phone, keys etc so that I don't have to carry around a seperate handbag, but can still get to my stuff easily whilst shopping or whatever. Oh and water proof or water resistant is a big plus. I always had bottles and things spilling in mine, and the fabric type were a nightmare to clean because it all soaked through and I was machine washing it weekly just about, which was a pain with emptying it out and repacking it all the time.
    Last edited by Psylent; 13-04-2012 at 16:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have any practical experience with nappy bags yet, (our first is still on the way ) but when I was buying mine I was looking for something attractive with a thermal pocket for bottles.

The one I ended up getting has the thermal pocket, plus heaps of extra little pockets, is easy to wipe over, and has separate areas for my stuff too. Its a messenger bag style, which I do find attractive and compact looking, especially considering that all the extra areas are tucked away neatly, and the amount of stuff it can hold . It has a huge centre pocket, and the smaller extra pockets make it easy to organise everything according to purpose (I like knowing exactly where everything is, it makes it easier to grab stuff quickly and easily ).

It has a long strap which I prefer (I like wearing bags over my shoulder, resting on the opposite hip) and it should also go easily on a pram although I'm going to have to test that out when I get my pram . It was reasonably priced, so if it breaks or is impractical I can always try another style without breaking the bank