+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry i ended up posting my previous reply 3 times cuz it didnt show up at first :S woops
    Last edited by someonesomewhere; 11-01-2013 at 11:51. Reason: duplicate

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry i ended up posting my previous reply 3 times cuz it didnt show up at first :S woops
    Last edited by someonesomewhere; 11-01-2013 at 11:52. Reason: duplicate

Thanks
    Reviews
    After having pondered over that GP visit from earlier today and having a look at that stop the tyroid madness website, i may have a new theory as to why i still have these symptoms.

The replacement GP mentioned my T4 and TSH was in normal range, but she never actually mentioned my T3 levels. in fact, when i come to think of it no one has, not even the endo. So i dont actually know what my T3 levels are

None of them gave me the results in writing either, so i am going to have to ask for a print out and ask my regular GP about the T3

I currently take Eutroxsig, which I googled and that equals Levothyroxine? and apparently that only treats T4

do you think I may be needing something for the T3 and that that will help alleviate the symptoms?

there was an interesting few paragraphs on the stop the thyroid madness website of some doctor's trying to prescribe antidepressants to their patients who only receive T4 treatment. - i suppose the replacement GP is one of those ...

I know this sounds bad but I almost feel like I have to be my own doctor to try to figure this out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by someonesomewhere View Post
    I know this sounds bad but I almost feel like I have to be my own doctor to try to figure this out
    Oh don't feel bad about that! I have become a medical expert after all the research I had to do on my own medical conditions. No one will care for you like you can so unfortunately, sometimes, we have to look out for and educta eourselves when it comes to our health.

I would suggest that you get your T3 reading and see where that is at. If it's within normal range, it's not likely that you'll need a T3 replacement. I really think you need to give the gluten free a red hot go. You said yourself you felt better without it and there is still so much you can have these days compared to years ago. There are gluten free breads, pastas and even pizzas!

The other option I would try is the desiccated thyroid from a compound chemist. They even mention it on the STTM (Stop the thyroid madness) website. That's my next course of action after bubs is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hashimoto's and Hypothyroidism

I agree, you have to do your research.

I take Tertroxin which is a T3 supplement.

Tertroxin is a special code PBS medication which means that when the GP or endo prescribe it they have to call somewhere, explain why they cannot prescribe thyroxine and get an authorization code which is valid for 12 months. This process probably puts some GPs off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update whats been happening - this is now 18 cycles (... and counting)

Went to finally see my normal GP who seems to think I am just imagining my Hashi's symptoms. Basically she also says she doesnt know. My last blood test came back HYPER so switch back to 100mcg thyroxine and wait another 4 weeks for blood test result.

I asked for a copy of all blood test results (so I can use them to seek a second opinion) and what do you know - they have not tested T3 the last 6 months (bit cranky about that). 'because they dont normally do that' I demanded it be included in my next test. It took me another session with GP to finally convince her to test for celiacs - all this time i have been forced to keep eating the gluten so that they can test and confirm because otherwise it wont show up.

It's nearly 4 weeks later, and this cycle was a failure again (even though I saw the follicle on the monitor with my own eyes on CD12 when i went to see gyno) we we cannot have missed it this cycle.

I have booked myself into Naturopath for a second opinion but new patient waiting list is about a month, so I will be going about mid March (week after normal GP appointment).

It's hard to stay hopeful and courageous and keeping the smile on the face each month but really, my doctor's don't know anything about Hashimoto's from what I can gather and they are just guessing and waisting my time. last time GP told me she doesn't know and is trying to put the blame on stress (i.e. pointing the finger in my direction and that I am causing this). I'm not stressed. I'm just trying to find the answer.

I hope this Naturopath is going to be able to help and I hope that it really is a simple as cutting the gluten. I just have to be patient and keep eating it for now until someone confirms this for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Always ask for a print out of your results, GPs are useless they will tell you that all is fine when in fact its not.
    TSH should be between 0-2 for optimal pregnancy.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 20-05-2013 at 22:55.