+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah my mood swings are terrible.

Before starting meds my TSH was at 17 and 7 weeks after they dropped to 4.68 but from what I have read they should be between 1-2 to feel at your peak.

I feel worse now than before I started meds and since I've really starting doing my research I've realized SO many 'things' I thought were just 'normal' aren't 'normal' at all and are in fact symptoms of Hashi's.

I saw another doc for a second opinion and while he agreed my TSH was still high he wouldn't up my dosage, instead he gave ms a list of natural supplements to try.

I hope this endo is worth the wait. Has anyone tried NDT - naturally dessicated thyroid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I have Hypothyroidism, I have nodules on my thyroid and had a biopsy on them but they are benign.

My TSH level was 43.4 and its supposed to be between 0.5- 4

After 6 months on 100mg thyroxine my TSH is 4.8, so a very big improvement and i do feel alot better.
    I am still trying to get it lower to 1-2 would be better.

Mine started after I had my DS 3.5 years ago.

I thought i was low in iron because i was so exhausted and my mucles hurt etc and i knew how i felt wan't normal and they decided to test my thyroid.

I get regular bloodtests (every month) to see how its all going my next test is in a few weeks so I hopeful that it goes down.
    My brain still feels foggy though like a cloud over it and I struggle to lose weight.
    Before DS i was 50kg got up to 70kg in pregnancy and am at 56kg now.
    Cant seem to lose anymore even though i dont eat much.
    Last edited by Thunderstorm; 11-04-2012 at 17:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have hashimoto's. Finally got my levels right through medication and I have no symptoms now. Thank god.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly Molly Mandy View Post
    Hi everyone! I have hypothyroidism but not hashies. I feel for you guys xxxxI have never been overweight but ppl think I'm lying when I say I have it "oh shouldn't you be fat!?" it usually causes weight gain but not always. Iv been on thyroxine for 15 years (I'm 30) and I still think it can never totally make me feel normal. I'm still always tired and I'm on 200 mg a day! Plus low iron etc. anyway do you guys think after taking thyroxine you feel totally normal again? I don't. Still always tired it's a funny condition I agree coz we look normal but don't feel it! Good luck with your treatments / surgeries etc. xxx
    I was never over weight until after my second pregnancy. I was diagnosed when my DD was 11 months old.

Are you seeing an endo? I've read that sometimes synthetic meds don't work for everyone and for those that it doesn't help have had success using NDT.

Have a read through that website I posted, I found it really informative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    Hi, I have Hypothyroidism, I have nodules on my thyroid and had a biopsy on them but they are benign.

My TSH level was 43.4 and its supposed to be between 0.5- 4

After 6 months on 100mg thyroxine my TSH is 4.8, so a very big improvement and i do feel alot better.
    I am still trying to get it lower to 1-2 would be better.

Mine started after I had my DS 3.5 years ago.

I thought i was low in iron because i was so exhausted and my mucles hurt etc and i knew how i felt wan't normal and they decided to test my thyroid.

I get regular bloodtests (every month) to see how its all going my next test is in a few weeks so I hopeful that it goes down.
    My brain still feels foggy though like a cloud over it and I struggle to lose weight.
    Before DS i was 50kg got up to 70kg in pregnancy and am at 56kg now.
    Cant seem to lose anymore even though i dont eat much.
    Oh woe your levels were SO high!!

I initially went to my GO to get am iron study done too because I was so exhausted all the time and to discuss my weight because even though I am still BF'ing my DD I'm steadily gaining weight

I'm about 30 kilos over my PP weight now nothing I do seems to help lose weight.

Fingers crossed you get some good results at your next BT.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CocktailBubba For This Useful Post:

Thunderstorm  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, I am another with hashimoto's, I got diagnosed about 18 months ago. My symptoms got worse at times when we were trying to get my thyroxine dose right but it has been under control for about 10 months now and I have never felt better.

Its worth mentioning that just because "normal" levels are between 0.3 and 3, doesn't mean that's right for everyone. My endocrinologist has decided that my level needs to be around 0.1-0.2 for me to feel my best.

I was scared when first diagnosed, but really its easy to manage and the symptoms can fade pretty quickly once its under control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss87 View Post
    Hey all, I am another with hashimoto's, I got diagnosed about 18 months ago. My symptoms got worse at times when we were trying to get my thyroxine dose right but it has been under control for about 10 months now and I have never felt better.

Its worth mentioning that just because "normal" levels are between 0.3 and 3, doesn't mean that's right for everyone. My endocrinologist has decided that my level needs to be around 0.1-0.2 for me to feel my best.

I was scared when first diagnosed, but really its easy to manage and the symptoms can fade pretty quickly once its under control.

Oh I hope the endo I see is like yours

My GP is old school and goes by out dated research thinking that 'normal' levels are between 0.5-5 so mine being at 4.68 are 'normal' and perhaps I need to eat less and better and pull some energy out of my a$$ and do more exercise.

Your post has gotten me excited though I hope I'm in your shoes in the next couple of months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My last TSH result a week ago was something like 1.5 but when I was first diagnosed with Graves it was 0.0007 I really hope one day I feel 'normal' again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly Molly Mandy View Post
    Iv been on thyroxine for 15 years (I'm 30) and I still think it can never totally make me feel normal. I'm still always tired and I'm on 200 mg a day! Plus low iron etc. anyway do you guys think after taking thyroxine you feel totally normal again? I don't. Still always tired it's a funny condition I agree coz we look normal but don't feel it! Good luck with your treatments / surgeries etc. xxx
    This is me. I was diagnosed at 17, now 35. Tiredness is normal for me, I have never experienced that energized feeling that people talk about.

Up until almost 2 years ago I was on thyroxine (175mg daily) but I was changed to tertroxin. As a consequence my t4 levels are pretty much nil but it has stabilized my TSH.

I have been seeing an endo every fortnight this pregnancy (since 8 weeks) because they have discovered I am diabetic also and every second visit (so every 4 weeks) he also checks my thyroid.

Once this baby is born in a few days time the endo will look at changing my thyroid medication (he doesn't want to do anything while I'm still pregnant) as he thinks we can find a balance to get all my levels (T3,T4, and TSH) into the normal ranges which would be a first for adult life. Hopefully he can and I can finally lose some weight and not always feel exhausted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CocktailBubba View Post
    Oh I hope the endo I see is like yours

My GP is old school and goes by out dated research thinking that 'normal' levels are between 0.5-5 so mine being at 4.68 are 'normal' and perhaps I need to eat less and better and pull some energy out of my a$$ and do more exercise.

Your post has gotten me excited though I hope I'm in your shoes in the next couple of months.
    Where abouts are you based? My endocrinologist is at Greenslopes in Brisbane, I can send you her details if you like?

They changed the normal levels from 0.5-5 to 0.3-3 quite a few years ago so sounds like your GP needs an update!!