+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hashimoto's and Hypothyroidism

Does anyone here have it? I was diagnosed early January and don't know anyone IRL that has it. I'd love to be able to chat to other people in the same boat as me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have Graves (Hyperthyroidism) which is the opposite of Hashimoto's. It sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also suffer from Graves as well, and agree it really does suck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by CocktailBubba; 11-04-2012 at 16:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I think I wish I had graves over hashi's because then at least I'd be skinnier but then when I read a bit of info on graves it's clear they're both as sucky as each other. I'm just really struggling with my weight over anything. The mood swings and tiredness is bad but being so much heavier than I used to be is really upsetting.

I also hate the fact that because other than being over weight I look fine when in fact I'm not, and no one that I know even knows anything about your thyroid and how important it is to a persons well being.

I've got my first appointment booked in with an endo next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had hash's for over 19 years now. I am currently getting checked for cancer.

Anyhow this a good site to have a chat with others. It uk based but good and free.
    http://www.thyroidhelp.org/forums/forum.php

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the link. I'll check it out when I'm on the computer next.

I'm sorry to read about you getting checked for cancer now. How did that come about?

What sort of meds are you on if you don't mind me asking? I'm still on my starting dose of thyroxine which is 50 micrograms and it's doing nothing for me though my post meds bloods have come back within a 'normal' range according to my GP but are still high according to my own research.

I've found this website extremely helpful, www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't blessed with the dramatic weightloss unfortunately even though at the height of my Graves it was quite bad. I even had a lapband put in just before I found out I had Graves! I must say though that since my TSH level has become more 'normal' that weightloss has become quite difficult so I can only imagine how difficult it must be with Hashi's.

The tiredness and vagueness for me is the worst thing, I get exhausted after doing not much at all. My mood swings were shocking when first diagnosed but they are getting better now. That time of the month is the worst though, I get really emotional and feel quite overwhelmed with everything.

Did your GP start you on meds? Endo's are good, I see mine again in a couple of weeks and am hoping that I can stop meds and see if I've gone into remission.

I dunno what else to say, I know I could have much worse things wrong with me but the moment I found out I had this wrong with me it seemed like I would never be normal again and it kinda felt like my world ended a little bit. I have gotten used to it now and I just hope that someday I will go into remission and stay there.

You are so right though, you look quite normal on the outside but on the inside you feel like absolute crap. It will get better though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that link Loving6, I had searched for a forum but didnt really find anything so this is really helpful. I hope your tests come back with good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I have hypothyroidism but not hashies. I feel for you guys xxxxI have never been overweight but ppl think I'm lying when I say I have it "oh shouldn't you be fat!?" it usually causes weight gain but not always. Iv been on thyroxine for 15 years (I'm 30) and I still think it can never totally make me feel normal. I'm still always tired and I'm on 200 mg a day! Plus low iron etc. anyway do you guys think after taking thyroxine you feel totally normal again? I don't. Still always tired it's a funny condition I agree coz we look normal but don't feel it! Good luck with your treatments / surgeries etc. xxx