+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah movie nights and sleep overs were awesome at that age- or a big bunch of us would go out to dinner or something then 5 or so wojldn sleep over, stay up watch movies, eat junk food, dance etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Every yr I had a birthday I begged for a party as my present my mum was cool and spent $50 on food so there would be up to 15 kids sleeping in the loungeroom lol. Party started with water balloons in the backyard and by night we would be playing a game which Is a combination of 123 home and spotlight without a torch lol. More about strategy and slinking in the dark to get to the safe base. Then late at night we would squish into the loungeroom with movies. Gone are those days.........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    40 40 played outside at night with a torch is pretty fun too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Berrie For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is 40 40?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    These ideas sound like so much fun!
    Hmm wonder if I get a bunch of adults doing this for my 30th...

At that age I remember having a bbq and sleep over, lots of movies and 'kids' games like pass-the-parcel (played ironically because we were so grown up and cool)
    But just sitting together and talking all night unsupervised was the most important bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    40/40 is where you have one player stand on a 'home base' and the rest of the players hide. The aim is to sneak back to the home base without the person who's 'it' seeing you. The person who's 'it' stands on the base and scans the area searching for the other players, but they have to stay within arm's reach of the home base.
    When they spot somebody they touch the base and say '40/40, I see so-and-so behind the tree/under the car/etc' and that person is out. If a player gets back to the base without being seen, they shout '40/40 save myself' which means they're safe, or if they're selfless, they can shout '40/40 save everybody' to save all the other players who are still hiding.
    The later is particularly useful when another player is trapped and can't move without being seen, but is not so fun if yelled by the first person, so the players need to kind of work together. The first person who was 'seen' without getting back to home base is 'it' the next time, or if nobody was seen, the last person to get back to home base is 'it'.
    It's pretty fun at night when the 'it' person has a torch. It's a good game for teenagers because they tend to come up with strategies to win. My favourite is running to the home base while making a lot of noise over one side so you distract the 'it' person, while a bunch of other people sneak home from the other side

Capture the flag is another fun game to play outside at night with bigger kids.
    Last edited by Berrie; 13-04-2012 at 14:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ok sounds like what we played lol